Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's not the point though. If he was fired for gross misconduct as the club statement says then 2 other employees who also committed similar if not worse acts of gross misconduct were not dealt with in the same consistent manner which against employment law as demonstrates favouritism and discrimination.  

Im not disagreeing with you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We haven't forced him. We've sacked him.

We had the grounds to sack anyone involved for Gross Misconduct; that would have been the first statement made to anyone involved.

Then it will have been explained to him that due to his terrible decisions; not only can he not play for the vast majority of his remaining contract, but due to the nature of the event injury insurance does not cover any of the wages. 

Therefore, as his current predicament is his fault, if he wants to remain contracted to the club for the duration of his contract an offer of salary renegotiation is perfectly reasonable. With the caveat that if he doesn't want to make such a change that his contract would be terminated.

What possible reason, knowing the club have grounds to sack him, would he have for refusing that offer? Other than not feeling responsible for his situation, and being stubborn? Which, if the case, he's objectively wrong about.

The reason being that he would have felt he had a good case regards two other employees not being treated in the same manner who committed equal acts of gross misconduct

3 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Totally agree with the club on this one.

The club should not have to fund his rehabilitation, Keogh should.

If he's refused to do so then he has to go.

He could still have had a decent income and the best medical facilities available but he chose not to.

Dumbass.

How do you know he would have had a decent income, have they released details?

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

What possible reason, knowing the club have grounds to sack him, would he have for refusing that offer? Other than not feeling responsible for his situation, and being stubborn? Which, if the case, he's objectively wrong about.

I assume he has a few reasons. We don't know the full facts from that night.

Maybe he is about to sue Lawrence for 3 or 4 years of lost wages if his injury is severe.

11 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

The misconduct for which he has been sacked is similar, which is the key point. You could rightly argue that the other two are even more at fault.

Not necessarily. We don't actually know the Specifics of why he was sacked. But his position as Captain gives him a duty of care over the other players and a position as a role model. 

If he was for instance to be sacked for failing to fulfill that duty, then thats very different scanario to the others. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You cannot force anyone to take a pay cut unless for example their job was earmarked as being redundant and the only other roles available were of a lesser pay grade as redeployment and even that can be refused and still be eligible for redundancy money. That doesn't apply to Keogh.

You can actually offer them a lower role as part of an disciplinary hearing which potentially is the case here which seems to have been turned down.

27 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

That’s true but Bennett and Lawrence continue to be part of the team. Keogh is a scapegoat for some reason. Crazy decision all round. 

It’s not crazy as he’s not capable of doing what the club pay him for it’s as simple as that he will never play at this level again.

8 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

The club must have something else on him that they are not letting on. That's my suspicion anyway (only my opinion). 

Either way, a man who has been richly rewarded for the 'work' he has done chose to throw away a life that most people can only dream of by getting into a car with a drunk driver, resulting in him not being able to fulfill his side of the contract with the club (it seems often forgotten these days that footballer's contracts work both ways).

He has then (apparently) refused to take a cut in his already lucrative pay, which would have been the honorable thing to do and which would have happened to most of us in the real world.

So he's been sacked. I'm playing a tune on a very small violin.

Exactly my thoughts. Regardless of how the others have been dealt with, he can't fulfill his contract due to his own actions. In the real world, to then be offered a lesser, but still lucrative salary in ordinary terms, would be a God send. And to not take it seems odd at his age with such an injury, this was a great last pay day in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Morally reprehensible and legally dubious as by rights other employees who carried out similar if not worse acts of gross misconduct were not dealt with in the same manner.

But the big difference is Keogh cannot fulfil his multi million pound contract. Why should the club still pay his wages for his stupid decision? If you severely injured yourself, how long would your employer pay your wages while you sit at home? I’m self employed, so if I don’t work I don’t get paid which is why I make sure that I don’t put myself in any unnecessary danger, getting in the car with a drink driver is high on that list!

Just now, inter politics said:

Do not see how it is fair and consistent to retain two employees who broke the law and now have a criminal record but terminate the other (who was obviously morally wrong and let down the club in his role) who did not

This does seem very odd doesn’t it?  Maybe other things going on not in the public domain yet?  

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

The reason being that he would have felt he had a good case regards two other employees not being treated in the same manner who committed equal acts of gross misconduct

Did they commit equal acts, legally I mean?

All of the people involved and 100% responsible for themselves, but only one of them caused tangible consequence to themselves + the club, in a footballing context.

Archived