Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember that earlier articles suggested that any investment was from this gentleman's personal money, not his business.  I'm certainly no financial expert, but the fact his business may be having 'issues' doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his own cash does it (or is there some law or expectation that he would have to use his personal money to bail out his company? Dunno).  Still, if its taking this long to sort out then it doesn't really bode well.  I think it would be butter to pull out now.

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

I seem to remember that earlier articles suggested that any investment was from this gentleman's personal money, not his business.  I'm certainly no financial expert, but the fact his business may be having 'issues' doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his own cash does it (or is there some law or expectation that he would have to use his personal money to bail out his company? Dunno).  Still, if its taking this long to sort out then it doesn't really bode well.  I think it would be butter to pull out now.

And go with the milkman option?

10 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

What are you on about? Why so disrespectful to the bloke who has financed out of his own pocket the last few years of our dcfc enjoyment. I don't get it. 

If you are successful as Mel, you will always be a target of the jealous 

Kinda makes sense of the non payment of the players wages in jan, he was supposed to cover that I think.

I feel sorry for Mel, he’s trying to do the right thing for the club and this season has been nothing but a train wreck from the final whistle at Wembley.

Interesting how the story has been pulled...is it another example of poor reporting by the DET? Perhaps read it on a forum and reported it as fact.

If it was factual surely no reason to take it down.

17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Kinda makes sense of the non payment of the players wages in jan, he was supposed to cover that I think.

I feel sorry for Mel, he’s trying to do the right thing for the club and this season has been nothing but a train wreck from the final whistle at Wembley.

Not really, why would he pay the wages for a company that he had no investment in?

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Interesting how the story has been pulled...is it another example of poor reporting by the DET? Perhaps read it on a forum and reported it as fact.

If it was factual surely no reason to take it down.

Wasnt the story on the forum a link to the story in DET?

Winding up order petitions are in the public domain, would be incredibly poor reporting to get that one wrong.

8 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

What did the article say?

Knowing the DET it was probably a headline about investment in DCFC and a story about someone who has a sad face because they didnt get enough batter on their battered sausage.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasnt the story on the forum a link to the story in DET?

Winding up order petitions are in the public domain, would be incredibly poor reporting to get that one wrong.

I didnt read it as its was pulled before i saw it.

On 25/02/2020 at 13:45, RadioactiveWaste said:

Basically, I'm 100% sure I wouldn't put money in until the EFL issue is resolved.

Unless it was crazy discount.

Opposite view is now would be the time to act before we get off and are in a stronger position to negotiate again. 

Archived