Investment Close

LB_DCFC

It’s still very much on, from what I hear. I was told the delay is nothing to do with FFP. I’m not sure about that personally, but whichever way up it’s still very much on the table. I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes through either way up after the FFP decision is made in a couple of weeks - probably for a lower price if we’re punished, the original price if not. That’s just guesswork on my behalf of course, but the main point is it’s certainly not dead. Just delayed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s still very much on, from what I hear. I was told the delay is nothing to do with FFP. I’m not sure about that personally, but whichever way up it’s still very much on the table. I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes through either way up after the FFP decision is made in a couple of weeks - probably for a lower price if we’re punished, the original price if not. That’s just guesswork on my behalf of course, but the main point is it’s certainly not dead. Just delayed.

Bang on

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Has that been announced?

I hope that it is soon for two reasons:

1. So we can move on

2. If there is any points deduction/transfer ban then it's this season, not next

Think I read in the DET or somewhere that it was due to be decided in “2/3 weeks”, but I may be imagining it. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon so that we can get this investment done, one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting comments from Steve Nicholson today in his Q&A regarding investment.

2 people asked what was going on, 1 of which asked if any investment is on hold as a result of the EFL charge and if it could happen after it is cleared.

Nicholson said it is still very much on and that it could be done before any EFL hearing. Interestingly he also says "there were always more than 1 interested party" and "things stalled, but are very much moving again".

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Interesting comments from Steve Nicholson today in his Q&A regarding investment.

2 people asked what was going on, 1 of which asked if any investment is on hold as a result of the EFL charge and if it could happen after it is cleared.

Nicholson said it is still very much on and that it could be done before any EFL hearing. Interestingly he also says "there were always more than 1 interested party" and "things stalled, but are very much moving again".

Sounds promising - that's one issue we need to get behind us and the sooner the better.

This is why spelling is so important, and all those saying "it's only a footy forum" need to take a long hard look at themselves!

This whole thread... yes, 53 bloody pages... could have been avoided, if only the OP hadn't missed a "d" off the end of the thread title!  

Think on!  

Archived