Morris has bought shame on himself tonight

rammieib

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Are you seriously suggesting that one of our kids couldn't replace the proven talent of Mason Bennett to warm a bench?

So now Mason Bennett who Frank Lampard loved is a rubbish player all of a sudden and all those chanting he is one of our own need to never support the lad again .

He has made a terrible mistake  which I don’t condone but if you think he’s isnt suffering for it you are wrong. 

He will get dealt with but he is still a Derby County player. 

7 hours ago, Xlor said:

So close to being done with it?? Get gone then. And heres me, thought about it for 5 seconds and enjoyed the game. Get over it. Shat happens. 

Thank you for your kind instructions. Congratulations on enjoying the game (you must have quite limited insight into football) and you also have low expectations of what constitutes acceptable behaviour. I’d imagine quite a lot of shat happens around you. 

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So now Mason Bennett who Frank Lampard loved is a rubbish player all of a sudden and all those chanting he is one of our own need to never support the lad again .

He has made a terrible mistake  which I don’t condone but if you think he’s isnt suffering for it you are wrong. 

He will get dealt with but he is still a Derby County player. 

I've said literally nothing of the sort!

I don't have the time or inclination to debate this with you, tbh.

12 hours ago, Anon said:

The players are adults, not children. The club had provided transport for those who wanted it. The very idea of an employer having to force a person in their mid 20s into a cab because they can't be trusted is absolutely laughable.

That's the point I am making here - FOR THOSE WHO WANTED IT 

9 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree. It's a difficult line to take. We must remember that the club is a multi million pound business and the strongest side needs to be played. Someone has said that they would rather the club was relegated than play those two. Extreme to say the least!

Players come and go ,DCFC is forever and would never want to see us relegated under any circumstance

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Seriously that’s your answer. 

In all seriousness, I think the decision to play them was utterly tone deaf - no idea who ok’d it but I have doubts whether Morris had much to do with it (since the Clement incident he’s given team selection a wide birth and rightly so).

Come on Cocu -  read the room!

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Assume you campaigned for Brian Clough to be sacked when he was permanently pissed for about 20 years, attacking fans on the pitch and using racist language to a girl at my school when on a public visit?

What did he say to her?

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

None of it proven. Lets hold back on the libel eh.. 

Do you honestly believe your owner is innocent of all the accusations he faces or has faced.

Using his shipping company to shift the largest consignment of heroin in Europe.

Match fixing

Having the family business of a referee burnt down

There's loads more if you look it up, its highly unlikely that he's a pillar of society.

Have all these accusations been made up out of the blue? Some people decided to accuse an innocent man of ridiculously diverse illegal activities? The Greeks know he's a gangtser ifs.

Take the pish by all means dawnie but don't embarrass yersen with false indignation.

16 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Cute, but nothing libelous about what I posted, the inclusion of ''accused of'' determined that.

It's bizarre that everything has just gone quiet on that, despite him being charged with the offence. Suppose the old idiom of 'money talks' is often true. It does seem from the balance of evidence that you're owned by a massive crook though which makes your recent comments utterly embarrassing. 

In all seriousness, the actions of Lawrence and Bennett are infinitely more redeemable than drug trafficking. I'd rather this have happened than have Mel involved in similar circumstances as your owner. Least we know the wrongdoing falls on an individual level this way and not potentially from the top down

Again, absolutely no evidence of what you have posted re "money talk". You don't know anymore than the next person. 

Bennett and Lawrence are clearly guilty, Marinakis is yet to be proven so. 

38 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Again, absolutely no evidence of what you have posted re "money talk". You don't know anymore than the next person. 

Bennett and Lawrence are clearly guilty, Marinakis is yet to be proven so. 

Was this deliberately ironic or were you just attempting to prove you're a bit of a moron?

image.thumb.png.78349228fc8f3fcc9431941b13aa2a18.png

44 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Was this deliberately ironic or were you just attempting to prove you're a bit of a moron?

image.thumb.png.78349228fc8f3fcc9431941b13aa2a18.png

You think they're innocent?

Despite the video evidence of them getting smashed beforehand and the police statements?

How much do you want to bet?

Tell me more about who's the moron. 

4 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Despite the video evidence of them getting smashed beforehand and the police statements?

And a man with a 'Controversies' section this long on Wikipedia doesn't even slightly arouse your suspicions?

On 21 February 2011, Olympiacos beat Panathinaikos in Karaiskaki Stadium (2–1), after a controversial, regarding the referee's decisions, game. After the game, player Djibril Cissé had a wrangle with Olympiacos' president Marinakis. He was beaten by Olympiakos' fans and stated that he was going to appeal to the UEFA. The case of Cissé and Marinakis went to the Greek courts,[72] where Marinakis was found innocent.[73]

In 2015, the Public Prosecutor[74] and the Council of Judges[75] acquitted Marinakis in relation to the Koriopolis match-fixing investigation, that begun in 2011, that was launched after UEFA gave Greek authorities a report citing irregular betting patterns, mostly involving Greek Cup and second division games in 2009 and 2010.[76] He was accused of participating in a match-fixing criminal network[77] with links with seven countries.[78] At the time, UEFA officials said no action was presently being considered against Olympiacos regarding its participation in the Champions League in the following season, because evidence in the Greek investigation cast no doubt over its 2010–11 league victory.[79] Marinakis was charged with complicity to commit acts of bribery and match manipulation,[80][81] of instigation and facilitating acts of violence.[82] Marinakis, along with the president of second-division club Ilioupoli, Giorgos Tsakogiannis and others, cooperated so that a group of hardcore Olympiacos fans would travel on 13 March 2011 to a third division match and provoke riots to bring about a penalty. The prosecutor’s report says that "Tsakogiannis informed [Ioannis] Papadopoulos that he had made arrangements and Evangelos Marinakis was aware of the plan for Olympiacos fans to cause riots".[82] Marinakis was acquitted from all charges by the Prosecutor, Panagiotis Poulios,[83] and the Council of Judges.[84]

In 2014, Marinakis was acquitted by the Three Members Court of First Instance relatively to the case of entering the referee's (Thanassis Yiachos's) locker room at halftime[85] during the football cup final between Olympiacos and Asteras Tripolis, against football regulations to complain about the decisions taken. Marinakis stated that he went to the referee’s locker room at halftime only to wish match officials "good luck". Olympiacos went on and won the match 3–1, after a tense 1–1 at halftime.[86] In 2015 Marinakis was also acquitted by the Three Members Court of Appeals for the same case.[87]

Another investigation which led to the 2015 Greek football scandal, started in 2014 after prosecutor Aristidis Koreas was given the go-ahead by a council of judges[88] to make use of secretly recorded phone conversations[89] that point to the involvement of various sports officials, including Evangelos Marinakis. According to Koreas, "the president of Olympiakos and close associates approached and tried to use policemen, judges, politicians and other powerful figures for their own ends as part of the planning and establishment of a criminal organization".[88] According to the prosecutor, Marinakis was helped by the President of the Greek Football Association, Giorgos Sarris, to choose specific referees to oversee key games.[90] He has repeatedly denied all charges:[91] "These allegations have nothing to do with me and have no effect on me whatsoever," Marinakis said. "There is not one shred of evidence against me."[92] On 3 October 2014, Aristidis Koreas, though he was replaced as athletic prosecutor, he remained on the case.[93] Evangelos Marinakis was questioned on 18 June 2015 and he was released on a €200,000 bail. He was also forced to stop being involved in any football activity, as well as he must report to a police station every 15 days.[94][95] In September 2016, the prosecutor proposed the imprisonment of Mr Marinakis.[96] In November 2017, the judicial council of the Court of Appeals rejected imposing provisional custody on Evangelos Marinakis and also dropped various charges after deeming them "absolutely groundless".[97] Marinakis was also resigned from president of the team due to legal reasons, giving his seat to Yiannis Moralis.[98] On 26 March 2018, Marinakis was vindicated by the Greek Supreme Court. The decision of the Greek Supreme Court confirmed that the allegations against him were unfounded.[99]

In April 2019, the Supreme Civil and Criminal Court of Greece decided that Mr Marinakis with other 27, will have a trial for the 2015 Greek football scandal. The final accusations are the felony crime of "match fixing" and creation of a gang, instead of a criminal organization.[100][101]

Alleged drug trafficking[edit]

A Greek drug trafficking investigation that started in 2014, regarding ‘Noor 1’, a ship owned by P. Kalafatis, was investigated by the Greek Coast Guard, the DEA and the Greek judicial authorities and culminated in the conviction of various individuals and two arrest warrants for Turkish nationals.[102][103]

In March 2018, Marinakis was charged with drug trafficking.[104] The accusations against Marinakis were described as "very serious charges" following an investigation after the tanker Noor One was intercepted at the Greek port of Piraeus carrying 2.1 tonnes of heroin in 2014.[105] The judicial council of the Piraeus Lower Court touched on all related issues and ruled that the prosecutor’s order was not justified.[106]

Nottingham Forest F.C. chairman Nicholas Randall wrote an open letter to supporters reaffirming his support for Evangelos Marinakis. Randall confirmed the matter was under investigation but that "there is no ‘charge’ against Marinakis and no ‘prosecution’ is in process."[107]

17 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I’ve not read all the threads on this topic but wouldn’t it have been better for the pair of them to have made a media conference showing their remorse prior to first team selection in a Steve smith / David warner crying style show?

Perhaps then we’d understand how they feel because I get the feeling some folks issues is bring them straight back in looks like they and DCFC don’t care what they have done. 

Doubt they could before visiting the magistrates 

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Oh dear, you've still managed to miss the point. Not doing a world of good to disprove the forest stereotype here...

My point was to highlight how everyone can understand that someone is guilty of a crime but until it is proved in court, you can't label them as such. You've continually referred to Lawrence and Bennett as 'guilty' despite their trial not being for another 2 weeks but then didn't like it when I used the same rhetoric against your owner for his more heinous allegations...

My entire point was to illustrate the irony in your point, so yeah, still you ?

Archived