Morris has bought shame on himself tonight

rammieib

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Large number or vocal minority?

Maybe could do a poll on here to gauge reaction.

From what I can see the large number of posts against them being reintegrate at all are from the same posters.

Dont think there are many that agreed with them being put straight back in the team.

A number of posters wanting them to be given a second chance.

Also a number saying wait to see what happens in the court first.

I'd never agree to putting Bennett in the team never mind now.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Agree with the OP. What lesson does this give the younger generation aspiring to be sportsmen?

Oh don't worry about endangering the publics life, you'll miss one game and then straight back into the first team. 

Absolutely no punishment whatsoever, they probably enjoyed getting abit of a rest if anything. 

I'd be throughly ashamed if Forest pulled this. 

Do you not think any punishment, of which I'm sure there will be, should be metered out after their cases have been heard? They must have failed breath tests to have been charged but, they are still technically not guilty until after their court cases.

I don't think they should be punished until they have been found guilty in court (even then,is dropping or sacking them the right punishment? If they're dropped then, how long for? Who does it punish the most, the club or the players? If they were sacked I'm sure someone else would pick them up).

For what it's worth, I think it was a PR disaster and mistake to play them last night but hardly the shame on either the club or Mel some are suggesting.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you not think any punishment, of which I'm sure there will be, should be metered out after their cases have been heard? They must have failed breath tests to have been charged but, they are still technically not guilty until after their court cases.

I don't think they should be punished until they have been found guilty in court (even then,is dropping or sacking them the right punishment? If they're dropped then, how long for? Who does it punish the most, the club or the players? If they were sacked I'm sure someone else would pick them up).

For what it's worth, I think it was a PR disaster and mistake to play them last night but hardly the shame on either the club or Mel some are suggesting.

"Meted".

(Most certainly nothing personal, but that's about the 12th time I've seen that word this past week... No offence intended!)

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes read his post.

Didnt lash out at all.

Just trying to work out if he would apply same principles to a Forest player or if it was just a point scoring exercise.

I can assure you I'm not purely WUMING. Whilst it has been a highly amusing situation for Forest fans, there is a wider point about the lack of accountability and professionalism for our young sportsman. These players risked not their own lives, I.e the clubs assets, but also the general public. Thats completely unacceptable in my eyes, and it seems a number fo the posters on here. 

I just don't feel that putting them straight back into there first team gives the right message at all. 

Just now, Red_Dawn said:

I can assure you I'm not purely WUMING. Whilst it has been a highly amusing situation for Forest fans, there is a wider point about the lack of accountability and professionalism for our young sportsman. These players risked not their own lives, I.e the clubs assets, but also the general public. Thats completely unacceptable in my eyes, and it seems a number fo the posters on here. 

I just don't feel that putting them straight back into there first team gives the right message at all. 

and therein lies the hypocrisy. What our players have done is pretty appalling, however it isn't a patch on what your owner is accused of doing. If your supporters were undertaking measures to make sure he isn't implicit in any drug trafficking etc then i might agree but you're not. He did get charged bear in mind. Heroin ruins more lives than drunk driving...

12 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

So just to be clear, is it a really serious issue or is it amusing?

26 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

and therein lies the hypocrisy. What our players have done is pretty appalling, however it isn't a patch on what your owner is accused of doing. If your supporters were undertaking measures to make sure he isn't implicit in any drug trafficking etc then i might agree but you're not. He did get charged bear in mind. Heroin ruins more lives than drunk driving...

None of it proven. Lets hold back on the libel eh.. 

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So just to be clear, is it a really serious issue or is it amusing?

I think given I am a rival supporter, you can see how it can be both?

I'll bow out and leave it at that. I can see this turning into a pile on my comments rather than address the OP's point.. 

18 hours ago, rammieib said:

Controversial or not, I don’t care. I also agree opinions will be split but....

To go around the ground apologising, going on the radio, conducting an internal investigation etc and then to give permission for Cocu tonight (who is also implicit) to play these two individuals is just shaming every single Derby fan and the club. He’s taken every single fan as a mug in my opinion.

I was ashamed of these players a week ago, tonight I’m ashamed of my club.

Another legacy (MM) hurt by awful awful decisions.

Since when did Mel pick the team. What he's done is let the manager manage. Have a Snickers.

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think given I am a rival supporter, you can see how it can be both?

No 

Drink driving is not amusing and can never be condoned  .

Doesnt mean to say that DCFC shouldn’t play the players involved. 

They will be dealt with though. 

18 hours ago, rammieib said:

Controversial or not, I don’t care. I also agree opinions will be split but....

To go around the ground apologising, going on the radio, conducting an internal investigation etc and then to give permission for Cocu tonight (who is also implicit) to play these two individuals is just shaming every single Derby fan and the club. He’s taken every single fan as a mug in my opinion.

I was ashamed of these players a week ago, tonight I’m ashamed of my club.

Another legacy (MM) hurt by awful awful decisions.

Perfectly entitled to your opinion but I don’t agree with it 

Considering what he has done for the club and for the city, I think the 'shame' is on the OP who dreamt up the shameful title of his post. The three players were stupid, no doubt about it, mistakes were made but life has to go on. I am sure that few if any of us know what has happened within the club to address their their stupidity. 

I bet not one of the puritans who posted their horror on here can say that they have never broken traffic laws, driven without alcohol in their bloodstream or driven at excessive speeds.

Playing devils advocate, maybe Mel and Coco were expressing that as an employer we will support our employees and let the justice system play out as it should. No doubt there will be club fines and rehabilitation but to throw them under the bus isn’t what this club is about?

its a suggestion and in no way what I would have done btw as it’s too soon to me. After the court case or international break would have been better but I guarantee everyone has their own opinions and no matter what happens/happened it won’t suit all

42 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

None of it proven. Lets hold back on the libel eh.. 

Cute, but nothing libelous about what I posted, the inclusion of ''accused of'' determined that.

It's bizarre that everything has just gone quiet on that, despite him being charged with the offence. Suppose the old idiom of 'money talks' is often true. It does seem from the balance of evidence that you're owned by a massive crook though which makes your recent comments utterly embarrassing. 

In all seriousness, the actions of Lawrence and Bennett are infinitely more redeemable than drug trafficking. I'd rather this have happened than have Mel involved in similar circumstances as your owner. Least we know the wrongdoing falls on an individual level this way and not potentially from the top down

If the players are available to Cocu and they are training well, these matches are probably the ones where they are most determined to prove themselves and earn back the respect of their teammates and manager. From a mental point of view, the longer they were ditched the harder that return may become, the club has made it clear they will be rehabilitated.

The decision of their punishment comes from above Cocu. Who knows what that might be but having thought about it, for the long term benefit of the squad, picking them may have been the right choice. I think Cocu is giving them a chance to earn back his trust nice and early. I have huge respect for how he has handled the last week and his job so far, I wouldn't have them back in the team until any punishment is official but he knows far more than I.

Mel played last week perfectly,  anytime the players came back was going to cause a split of opinions. The punishment given may split that further. On a moral issue such as this I don't believe there is a right answer. Is it really a disgrace, a great shame? Worth abandoning the club over? Sacking and scrapping the players was the easy choice.

Hi, first ever post though been long time reader. The situation though I thought worth commenting on.

I presume Lawrence and Bennett are being represented by the PFA on the legal side. It might they are being played now so there can be no evidence of unfair dismissal when it comes to whatever the court case results are ie they are shown to being presumed innocent till then. Obviously the club wouldn’t be able to say that was the reason.

I hope that’s the case, otherwise Cocu and Morris have lost respect 

Archived