Morris has bought shame on himself tonight

rammieib

Controversial or not, I don’t care. I also agree opinions will be split but....

To go around the ground apologising, going on the radio, conducting an internal investigation etc and then to give permission for Cocu tonight (who is also implicit) to play these two individuals is just shaming every single Derby fan and the club. He’s taken every single fan as a mug in my opinion.

I was ashamed of these players a week ago, tonight I’m ashamed of my club.

Another legacy (MM) hurt by awful awful decisions.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m so close to being done with this club. Season tickets aren’t easy for me to afford. From feeling satisfied Mel was dealing with things to feeling he’s paid lip service to appease us on Saturday and I’m disgusted yet again. 

Thats some reward for acting the way they did, personally i'm disgusted to see them back this soon, not even sure i want them at the club at all. I wont be going Saturday, bit of a pointless protest seeing as the club already has my season ticket money but it doesn't sit well with me at all and i'm not going to give the club my support at the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Mel hasn't picked the team since 2016, pal ? 

You genuinely think Cocu would have played them if the owner of the club had suspended/banned them. Cloud cuckoo land.

As I said though Cocu is also guilty in this as he also sees fit to play them.

1 minute ago, Steadybreeze said:

Thats some reward for acting the way they did, personally i'm disgusted to see them back this soon, not even sure i want them at the club at all. I wont be going Saturday, bit of a pointless protest seeing as the club already has my season ticket money but it doesn't sit well with me at all and i'm not going to give the club my support at the weekend.

?

Glad to see someone who has some decency on this forum, unlike some of the others saying to give Lawrence and Bennett support. Mel Morris has enough authority to overrule Cocu in this situation. It makes all of his comments on Saturday seem not genuine and he said it because he had to , not because he wanted to. I’ve never been a Mel Morris fan but he managed to claw back a lot of love from me through his hard work for the club, not anymore Mel , you’ve lost all that again.

Not really Morris' fault they played. In the press conference after the incident didnt cocu say it was his decision if they play? 

Mel cant win. Backs the manager lets them play as its ultimately the managers decision & gets accused of disgracing himself. If he tells cocu he cant play them then he is interfering with team selections

The whole situation is a mess. I was well annoyed last week but i think we all need to quietly move on and forget about it. Its been done & nobody can change it. Pointless keep going on about it 

Archived