League position come May 2020

Brammie Steve

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to say it but we look a poor side and Leeds should have been out of sight, which makes for a very poor start to the season. P

The more I see of Cocu the more I think he is another Frank De Boer at Palace.

The players don’t look like they’re buying into it, just my opinion. I’ve never seen a Derby side make so many mistakes, we look utterly atrocious at the back and clueless in midfield. 

Again, unpopular opinion but I don’t think we improve with Cocu, I think we slowly get worse until we’re in a relegation dogfight. 

18th- 21st

Will be amazed if he survives the season. 

Tin hat on 

22 hours ago, Derbados said:

Hate to say it but we look a poor side and Leeds should have been out of sight, which makes for a very poor start to the season. P

The more I see of Cocu the more I think he is another Frank De Boer at Palace.

The players don’t look like they’re buying into it, just my opinion. I’ve never seen a Derby side make so many mistakes, we look utterly atrocious at the back and clueless in midfield. 

Again, unpopular opinion but I don’t think we improve with Cocu, I think we slowly get worse until we’re in a relegation dogfight. 

18th- 21st

Will be amazed if he survives the season. 

Tin hat on 

Yes its worrying and the players on Saturday looked like they had no idea what was going on,Next six games are key and a absolute minimum for me is 10 points from those games if we are still at the one point a game ratio 14 points from 14 games it could well be tin hat time

I'm usually a glass half full type of person when it comes to football, I was one of the only people who believed we would get into the play offs last season and then get to the final when everyone I spoke to said we had no chance.

Not saying I'll be right at all but I think it'll come good under cocu.

Yes we haven't been great but if you break it down we've been handed a tough start and taken draws from good teams: Leeds, Swansea, West brom, Cardiff... And at the same time could've easily taken 3 points. Terrible mess of a preseason has definitely had an impact on our start. We also have to remember that lampard going was a big thing and I think it's taking time for the players to get over it and adjust to the new management. 

As already mentioned in this thread, the next few games are very winnable and I expect us to kick on now. By Christmas if we're around 10th, happy days. Then in January, Rooney coming in I'm hoping will really push us on to a strong finish.

In short, we'll scrape into the play offs again. Still fairly early, plenty of time, anything can happen.... Keep the faith. COYR.

3 hours ago, jake the ram said:

The last time I saw Derby play as bad as this,we set the worst record in prem history.

You don't go much then

We look distinctly midtable. We did last season in large parts, but we had extra quality that was able to produce regularly. We simply don't have the goals or creativity in the team to have a sustained push for the play-offs. I'd say that the last time I remember a Derby County midfield as bad as it is now, probably between 08-11. The 11-12 season was where we started to conjure some sort of midfield, notably with Hendrick & Bryson. It shouldn't be on paper, but the inconsistency of those players make it a good case. 

Ultimately, we're not going to go down and we're not going to go up. 

Archived