League position come May 2020

Brammie Steve

Eight games played, eight points and 18th in the League.

By the time Rooney joins us we would have 23 points on current form and 69 points to go for.

I am fairly confident that our current position is artificially low, but can we be optimistic about a top six finish in May 2020?

I'll start with a "Yes, owt's possible"

Ny thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll finish around 10th. I agree that I think we're artificially low currently, but I don't think we have enough all round to make it up to the playoffs. It's entirely possible due to the nature of the Championship if you can string a run together you can finish anywhere, but I think 10th and a decent first season for Cocu.

What a difference a last minute Chrissy Martin goal can do...

look, I’m still not sure we are playing the style of football Cocu wants yet, and certainly hope we are far from a finished article. We were lucky to get a point at Leeds, and need to step up in all areas to consistently be picking up points in this league.

If we can get players back and fit, and find a team that fits the system, we may start seeing better football and results. Until then, we look like a mid table side that may have its moments. And that’s what we are at the minute. A mid table side

1 hour ago, Brummie Steve said:

Eight games played, eight points and 18th in the League.

By the time Rooney joins us we would have 23 points on current form and 69 points to go for.

I am fairly confident that our current position is artificially low, but can we be optimistic about a top six finish in May 2020?

I'll start with a "Yes, owt's possible"

Ny thoughts?

The seasons we have done well in recent history have usually seen a poor start, reckon take a look at the table in.95/96, 06/07 and 13/14 at this time of the season and it gives lots of optimism.

Predicted 10th at the start of the season and certainly wouldn't revise that upwards. I do have faith in Cocu though but he needs several windows to create a squad to his liking. I'll stay with my original prediction and hope we can improve the squad in January (aside from the incoming Rooney) and look forward to a promotion push next season hopefully.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Omg look you have no clue were Derby will finnish and only 1 win from breaking top 10.

One win gets us to 14th if nobody else above us manages to win. We are 5 points from top 10 and 7 from top 6. Doesnt really matter at this stage of the season though. Reckon we will start to move up the table now.

I had us down for 5th at the start of the season, and I see no reason to revise that opinion yet. There is so much time left in the season and so much time for us to improve.

I think the next 6 games will tell us everything we need to know about this team moving forward.

On paper, it’s a run of games where we should win 3 at a minimum, and if we play to our potential, we are capable of winning 5 maybe even 6.

We definitely have to improve if we want to finish in the top 6, but we are still very much in with a shout.

Cocu just has to settle on his best eleven and let it gel, then hopefully we’ll see improved performances and improved results to boot.

Archived