v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Makes sense. If he's not ready to start. Then don't start him. Regardless of the scoreline. I'd already plan for him to come on for at least 30 mins. 

Holmes playing for the U23s tomorrow. Then if all goes well will be back next week. 2 massive players coming back. Just need Bogle back asap and we'll be fine.

I'd expect Holmes and Marriott to start at Forest.

If he isn't playing Marriott because he missed a lot of pre-season I doubt you will be getting Holmes in the team that quick when he missed basically all of pre-season as well.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Or you could listen to where Cocu said he had a bit of a set back since then.....

Maybe, crazy theory, he's protecting him till he thinks he's fully fit. 

spot on. Also 90 minutes against bottom of league 2 compared with 90 mins against a highly competitive championship side  is like comparing discus to a marathon

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Swansea are 2nd in the league; unbeaten on 10 points to be fair. Hardly poor. 

Ok that's fare, we managed a point against them just, but a win against Huddersfield  and a draw against lowly stoke dosnt fill me with confidence, we only just managed 6th last year, and that was with Mount and Wilson, they have gone and im not over the moon with their replacements, I am entitled to my opinion and I honestly feel we will struggle this year

22 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Think we will struggle, we have only got points off poor league starting teams at the mo, and the Baggies arnt struggling

What do you want then no points off poor league teams? We would rightly be struggling if we couldn't get any points off those teams - what's you definition of struggle so we're on the same page, if your definition is not make the Top 2 then most definitely this season will be a struggle 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What do you want then no points off poor league teams? We would rightly be struggling if we couldn't get any points off those teams - what's you definition of struggle so we're on the same page, if your definition is not make the Top 2 then most definitely this season will be a struggle 

I honestly feel a top 6 place is out off our reach, we seem to struggle in the final 3rd, and also gift goals with our "lets play out from the back"

Don't get me wrong, I don't want hoof ball , but I was always taught, if in doubt get rid.

Just now, BodminRam said:

I honestly feel a top 6 place is out off our reach, we seem to struggle in the final 3rd, and also gift goals with our "lets play out from the back"

Don't get me wrong, I don't want hoof ball , but I was always taught, if in doubt get rid.

That's not a struggle though is it really - a struggle would be a season long relegation battle 

2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I so hope Im proved wrong, but watching recent matches, I feel it will be a mid table finish. ( not relegation) 

After 4 games it is hard to say where we will finish, but looking at our manager, our squad, and with Rooney to come I feel we will be banging on the door of the play offs at least, could even be autos, but we are deffo better than mid table, my opinion of course. Think this team will get better as the season goes on, let's revisit this conversation after 20 games. Now that would be a good time to debate, how well we will do.

31 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

After 4 games it is hard to say where we will finish, but looking at our manager, our squad, and with Rooney to come I feel we will be banging on the door of the play offs at least, could even be autos, but we are deffo better than mid table, my opinion of course. Think this team will get better as the season goes on, let's revisit this conversation after 20 games. Now that would be a good time to debate, how well we will do.

Makes sense, as you say early days, I just wish we had made a decent signing out wide, as I feel Lawrence is very hit and miss, Jo flo and Paterson , well not convinced, I am pleased our manager is trying diferent formulas , but I feel at the mo Marriott in the middle and wagers and tom out wide would be the best solution

2 hours ago, BodminRam said:

I so hope Im proved wrong, but watching recent matches, I feel it will be a mid table finish. ( not relegation) 

A season of mid table would probably do us good - lower fans expectations a bit. Have a proper pre-season nest year and hopefully give Cocu the time to build the squad to what he wants for a proper push for autos next season. One of the promotion spots will probably be filled by Newcastle next year though, so it's likely to be a lot more difficult.

If we do lose in the playoffs again we get to take the records outright for most Championship playoff failures and most Championship playoff appearances from Ipswich though. If both us and Ipswich fail to get promoted we will also take the title for most number of seasons in the Championship from them, so every cloud and all that.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

A season of mid table would probably do us good - lower fans expectations a bit. Have a proper pre-season nest year and hopefully give Cocu the time to build the squad to what he wants for a proper push for autos next season. One of the promotion spots will probably be filled by Newcastle next year though, so it's likely to be a lot more difficult.

If we do lose in the playoffs again we get to take the records outright for most Championship playoff failures and most Championship playoff appearances from Ipswich though. If both us and Ipswich fail to get promoted we will also take the title for most number of seasons in the Championship from them, so every cloud and all that.

Oh goody, so much to look forward too. LOL. 40 plus years of being a rams fan,  great isn't it, LOL . Ive said to my family though, when things like old Trafford last season happens, it makes it more special, as good things don't happen to us much.

Roos

Keogh   Huddlestone   Clarke

Bennett        Bielik         Shinnie      Lowe

Dowell

Waghorn           Lawrence 

Huddlestone needs to play in a back three where he can use his passing, when he’s in midfield he gets rushed by the opposition who stick someone on him and he makes mistakes due to his lack of mobility. He needs all the play in front of him not with his back to play. Bielik will offer more strength and mobility in the midfield. Marriott would start up front if fit with Lawrence dropping into the No. 10 position. Time to give Shinnie a run and Bennett as right wing back until Bogle is fit.

1 hour ago, BodminRam said:

Oh goody, so much to look forward too. LOL. 40 plus years of being a rams fan,  great isn't it, LOL . Ive said to my family though, when things like old Trafford last season happens, it makes it more special, as good things don't happen to us much.

It could be worse. At least you've had some good times like the Jim Smith years. I was too young for that and then ive had basically 20 years of the second tier peppered with playoff defeats with the only interlude being the worst season in Premier League history. Its the hope that kills you.

13 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Ok that's fare, we managed a point against them just, but a win against Huddersfield  and a draw against lowly stoke dosnt fill me with confidence, we only just managed 6th last year, and that was with Mount and Wilson, they have gone and im not over the moon with their replacements, I am entitled to my opinion and I honestly feel we will struggle this year

Missed a penalty against them as well. Would have seen us on 7 points from 4 but these things infuriatingly happen. 

10 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Huddlestone needs to play in a back three where he can use his passing, when he’s in midfield he gets rushed by the opposition who stick someone on him and he makes mistakes due to his lack of mobility. 

My god, don't you think opposing teams would do the same to Hudds if he was in defence?!

Many of the teams in the division are now of a similar standard. So far the scorelines in all of our games have been close.

I expect Leeds and fulham to take the automatic spots, and therefore the season will be about the race for the play offs.

Whilst we're not great, nor are most of other teams. my initial prediction was 8th.  Perhaps thats the best we could hope for and a more realistic expectation at present is slightly lower in the table. But its still early and difficult to predict.

We seem to have gone from 433 to 4231 to 352, struggling to find a formation that suits, in the absense of a right back,and in the presence of a defective midfield.

We are experimenting live - swapping and changing - and thats never a good sign. In hindsight we needed more competitive games in the summer, and earlier transfer activity, in order to allow the new manager / coach (?) to determine a team, shape and style of play. we are lacking midfield quality, and we have too many passive and defensive players on the pitch. But we are surely capable of playing much better than we are currently are.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

My god, don't you think opposing teams would do the same to Hudds if he was in defence?!

He would be deepest of the three centre backs, when we have the ball not with his back to the play so would see the possible danger. Not saying he wouldn’t get caught out but if you play him I think that is his best position, similar to a sweeper? 

Archived