v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I am not so sure about Leeds walking off with top 2.

Roof was the their main man and so now reliant on our friend Bamford for goals.

(They have started well mind, but only a few games in).

Fulham I would say have much higher probability than Leeds.

Yes. I favour fulham over leeds, but i think this could be a two horse race. 

I'd go with:

------------------Roos

Jozefzoon--Keogh--Clarke--Lowe

------------------Bielik

------------Knight-----Dowell

Paterson-----------------  Lawrence

------------------Waghorn

Really tough game. WBA are my favourites for promotion - I think that they've got a really strong squad, pace, power and a genuine threat. Bilic is a top drawer coach and they've done well to get him at this level. Will be really tough.

Bold selection choice. Don't see 3 at the back as the long term answer, more of an alternative formation. Marriott isn't going to start as he's not 100%. In a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 he needs to provide more link up play so would go with Waghorn.

Jozefzoon at RB would be my bold shout. Just think we look so much better with a genuine attacking presence wide right. Lowe's left foot doesn't provide that.

Malone doesn't look great whereas Lowe is a top quality player. Get him into his favoured position instead of weakening both full back slots.

We haven't clicked yet because the personnel haven't been right. Waghorn NEEDS more players around him. Bielik is such quality that we don't need to play 2xDMs. Get Knight in for his energy and creativity. With two creative midfielders, we will look better. Dowell has been carrying the creative burden of this team so hasn't thrived yet. Huddlestone is too slow. Get more bodies around Waghorn and he'll come good. Lawrence will also get more service with more creative players involved.

Would go with Holmes in the middle instead of Knight but he is playing for the U23s today so won't feature.

We will look a much better side with Bogle and Holmes in, Bielik up to speed and Marriott coming back.

Cocu will go with:

Roos; Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone; Huddlestone, Evans; Paterson, Dowell, Lawrence; Waghorn

Don't think he expected to need Bielik to play 90 mid week and he won't consider him ready for Saturday.

Still think he reckons we need the protection of 2xDMs, especially against a good WBA side.

Think he feels he has no option but to go with Lowe at RB and Malone at LB.

I'm hoping that a defeat mid week followed by a high intensity match against a decent side might be what is needed. Gives us a kick up the back side and I expect a better performance, if not a result, tomorrow. Should be a good match.

17 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Ive always said, our cm and wingers are league 1 standard. utter poor

And you were always wrong. We might have some players that are mid table Championship, but it doesn't help anything when you come out with such ridiculous hyperbole. 

38 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Whatever we do I just hope we stick to the same system for 90 minutes. We're never going to get going if we change formation at half time each game. 

Chicken and egg though isn’t it?

we change formation BECAUSE we don’t get going. I’m sure if we’d kept our early minutes form going against Bristol and come in 1-1 or even 0-1 at half time the formation wouldn’t have been changed.

i don’t think Cocu is a Ranieri.

41 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And you were always wrong. We might have some players that are mid table Championship, but it doesn't help anything when you come out with such ridiculous hyperbole. 

We have players who are great for this league 

But our wingers are Sunday league standard 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, doesn't help when you double down on the ridiculous hyperbole.

They are awful 

Still optimistic about cocu and the direction of our club .  Our central midfield are all snails and wingers have the technical ability of a Sunday league player  (bar Lawrence)

10 minutes ago, LERam said:

My team if Bogle is fit

Roos

Bogle

Clarke

Keogh

Lowe

Bielik

Shinnie

Dowell

Lawrence

Marriott

Paterson

Still think it lacks a creative spark..... Hopefully Dowell can step up 

Bogle is out until after the international break

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-boss-phillip-cocu-3240296

3 hours ago, TibshelfRam said:

I'd go with:

------------------Roos

Jozefzoon--Keogh--Clarke--Lowe

------------------Bielik

------------Knight-----Dowell

Paterson-----------------  Lawrence

------------------Waghorn

Really tough game. WBA are my favourites for promotion - I think that they've got a really strong squad, pace, power and a genuine threat. Bilic is a top drawer coach and they've done well to get him at this level. Will be really tough.

Bold selection choice. Don't see 3 at the back as the long term answer, more of an alternative formation. Marriott isn't going to start as he's not 100%. In a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 he needs to provide more link up play so would go with Waghorn.

Jozefzoon at RB would be my bold shout. Just think we look so much better with a genuine attacking presence wide right. Lowe's left foot doesn't provide that.

Malone doesn't look great whereas Lowe is a top quality player. Get him into his favoured position instead of weakening both full back slots.

We haven't clicked yet because the personnel haven't been right. Waghorn NEEDS more players around him. Bielik is such quality that we don't need to play 2xDMs. Get Knight in for his energy and creativity. With two creative midfielders, we will look better. Dowell has been carrying the creative burden of this team so hasn't thrived yet. Huddlestone is too slow. Get more bodies around Waghorn and he'll come good. Lawrence will also get more service with more creative players involved.

Would go with Holmes in the middle instead of Knight but he is playing for the U23s today so won't feature.

We will look a much better side with Bogle and Holmes in, Bielik up to speed and Marriott coming back.

Cocu will go with:

Roos; Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone; Huddlestone, Evans; Paterson, Dowell, Lawrence; Waghorn

Don't think he expected to need Bielik to play 90 mid week and he won't consider him ready for Saturday.

Still think he reckons we need the protection of 2xDMs, especially against a good WBA side.

Think he feels he has no option but to go with Lowe at RB and Malone at LB.

I'm hoping that a defeat mid week followed by a high intensity match against a decent side might be what is needed. Gives us a kick up the back side and I expect a better performance, if not a result, tomorrow. Should be a good match.

I think you are largely right but I disagree about a back three not being a long term answer but it has to be a back three with a bit better balance.

The wide centre backs need to be comfortable drifting out to wide areas and have good pace on recovery. I like the look of Clarke but I feel as a LCB he is exploitable and if I was an opposition manager I'd want a player running into the space behind the LWB every time they could. For me if you play a back 3 I'd play Keogh, Clarke, Buchanan. That way you have wide centre backs comfortable going wide and have the best centre back in the air dead central. 

To my mind a 352 could achieve a few things for us; allow us to play Mariott and Waghorn together, not have to worry about playing wingers when it's a weak area whilst not sacrificing width, have sufficient defensive cover out wide and on the wings. 

Like this long term looks a pretty good team in my books; 

Roos 

Keogh Clarke Buchanan 

Bogle              Bielik                 Lowe

Dowell         Holmes

Mariott        Waghorn

A defensive 3 in positions that make sense. Two natural wingbacks. A midfield with a balance of steel, mobility and creativity. A front two who seem ready made to get the best out of each other.

2 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

They are awful 

Still optimistic about cocu and the direction of our club .  Our central midfield are all snails and wingers have the technical ability of a Sunday league player  (bar Lawrence)

duck me, Sunday league must have come on a long way since I played...

5 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I am not so sure about Leeds walking off with top 2.

Roof was the their main man and so now reliant on our friend Bamford for goals.

(They have started well mind, but only a few games in).

Fulham I would say have much higher probability than Leeds.

thank God for you mate , i keep wanting to be sick in my mouth everytime somebody tips weeds to be in the top two , everything about that club is horrible

A bit disappointed already and it's not even Saturday....

Bought extra tkts for this, despite being on sky and still top price! Wanted them in South std as close to me and mates as pos, but one is too ill to go, thought I'd be able to get my £33 back but apparently there is no refund nowadays!! 

Shame as the outcome is we won't be planning on bringing any extra fans in again, have to get the tkts a few weeks before game if they want to be in SS anywhere near us as so few available, rare there are any available close enough to the game to know for certain they'll be used. 

Here's to hoping they put on a proper performance like the second half Tuesday so I get my money's worth! 

Archived