v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I would play anyone out of position right now.  We haven't played too badly as a team and individual mistakes have been what have cost us goals so far.  Playing attacking players as wing backs sounds risky to me.  We just need everyone to do their jobs and to pass the ball better.  Did it well at Huddersfield.

4 hours ago, Ramarena said:

If they're fit:

Roos

Keogh     Davies    Clarke

Bennett         Beilik   Shinnie         Lowe

Waghorn        Lawrence 

Marriott

Bench: Hamer, Buchanan, Martin, Hudds, Knight, Zoon, Evans

Obviously Bogle would replace Bennett when fit

I was going to suggest a similar team to this, but with Bielik at CB rather than Davies & Evans in midfield ?

19 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I really like the look of WBA. They were my pre season tip for champions. Bilic is too good to be managing in the Championship and they have the kind of well balanced side that can challenge. Pace, power and athleticism all over the park and clever game changing players in key areas.

I think they are playing us at a good time. It’s a shame this game isn’t in October or November when we have settled down.

The one thing that worries me about us is the way we are putting such a burden on Marriott.

He’s a good player and an excellent finisher, but is he going to make such a huge difference if the rest of the team is not functioning well? I think we’re expecting too much.

you really frighten me .. when I see pace power and athleticism, I think .. that is a team I don't want to play after last night ! . whatever we do we don't want 2 DM's with dubious reaction qualities and an assumed creator without fire in his guts. We need some grit and electricity. 

The defence is good .. solid CB's to chose from and Lowe looking like he's learned to defend as well as attack. Nothing much wrong with Malone apart from one terrible error, Waggy's touch was off last night but he's a forager so I'm not worried, Lawrence can pull a welsh rabbit from most hats every so often. I'm just in a spin about our midfield mix .. Bielik has something special buts needs the right players around him .. who is it and who is available  ? Over to you Phil !

I think we'll start basically the same as previous games. Think we'll line up:

Roos

Lowe Keogh Clarke Malone.

Huddlestone Beilik

Paterson Dowell Lawrence

Waghorn

But, I hope they just play better in that.

The other foreseeable line up would be a bit like the second half team, perhaps

Roos

Keogh Beilik Clarke

Lowe        Huddlestone               Malone

Evans/Shinnie Dowell

Waghorn.       Marriott  Lawrence

48 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I was going to suggest a similar team to this, but with Bielik at CB rather than Davies & Evans in midfield ?

Yesh it could work that way too. I just prefer Beilik in a more advanced position as we really lack bite, urgency and presence in our midfield. 

Makes sense. If he's not ready to start. Then don't start him. Regardless of the scoreline. I'd already plan for him to come on for at least 30 mins. 

Holmes playing for the U23s tomorrow. Then if all goes well will be back next week. 2 massive players coming back. Just need Bogle back asap and we'll be fine.

I'd expect Holmes and Marriott to start at Forest.

As for tomorrow. I don't think he'll make wholesale changes at all.

I'd like to see Paterson get a start. He can't do any worse.

Roos, Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone, Bielik, Dowell, Knight, Paterson, Lawrence, Waghorn. 

That's what I'd go with. I don't want Malone to play. But I don't want Jozefzoon to play wingback either.

Plus I think Cocu will pick Huddlestone over Knight.

To be honest, I really appreciate how cautious he is with the players fitness. It's a marathon, after all.

Besides; if Marriott is say... fit for 60 minutes, but we're a goal down or tied when that time comes around, the fans would crucify Cocu for taking him off. So many reasons to wait until he's good for 90.

I don't but this theory from Cocu regarding Marriott not being fit to play 90 mins in case of injury. People are forgetting he played 90 minutes in the cup 2 weeks ago. If he does't want to aggravate injury by managing minutes, then he shouldn't have played 90 minutes that night.

He got through 90 minutes that night and should be back in the team from the start.

9 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

I don't but this theory from Cocu regarding Marriott not being fit to play 90 mins in case of injury. People are forgetting he played 90 minutes in the cup 2 weeks ago. If he does't want to aggravate injury by managing minutes, then he shouldn't have played 90 minutes that night.

He got through 90 minutes that night and should be back in the team from the start.

Or you could listen to where Cocu said he had a bit of a set back since then.....

Maybe, crazy theory, he's protecting him till he thinks he's fully fit. 

14 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

If you listened to Cocu I am pretty sure he said something along the lines that the niggle came back after the 90 minutes. He should have been back in the team after the 90 minutes IF he suffered no ill effects from that 90 and clearly he did, hence why he was only the sub. I don't think there is an issue at all, only Cocu looking after his players and making sure they are 100% when they start. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

If you listened to Cocu I am pretty sure he said something along the lines that the niggle came back after the 90 minutes. He should have been back in the team after the 90 minutes IF he suffered no ill effects from that 90 and clearly he did, hence why he was only the sub. I don't think there is an issue at all, only Cocu looking after his players and making sure they are 100% when they start. 

Exactly that Jono... no need for conspiracy’s..like you said cocu looking after him..

Archived