v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

Roos

Keogh              Bielik         Clarke

Bogle              Evans              Shinnie             Lowe

Huddlestone

Marriott                       Waghorn

Lawrence and Dowel have both been poor in the No 10 role so try Tom at least he can play a pass would be interesting.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming Marriott can "get over" his small injuries in training, Cocu seems pretty confident he'll start this game.

I am somewhat concerned by the amount Marriott seems to be injured; Lampard was always less open about player circumstance, I wonder if Marriott had little niggling problems throughout the whole of last season too?

If Bogle is back for this game that would be incredible, but probably unlikely.

48 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Lawrence and Dowel have both been poor in the No 10 role so try Tom at least he can play a pass would be interesting.

This team looked good until I saw Huddlestone as a number 10. What are you thinking! Give your head a wobble ?

Can already see the part time fans will come out of we lose this game with

"Cocu out!!!" 

"He's clueless!!!!"

"Cant see him last much longer!!!"

However when Lank Frampard was here no one gave a toss if we lost 2454-0 because we've got "Super Franky start the bounce Lampard"!!!!!!!"

4 hours ago, Richard246 said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Huddlestone in the no. 10 role......guessing this is a joke right??

Roos

Lowe     Keogh     Clarke     Malone

Bielik

Evans          Knight

Lawrence

Marriott       Martin

Subs: Hamer Shinnie Holmes Waghorn Bennett Sibley Davies

First off, against Bristol Malone had a really good first 44 minutes and then made a mistake. Mistakes happen. We made a lot of them. Up to that point he, Lowe and Lawrence were our stand out players.

I'd send a message to Josefzoon, Huddlestone and Dowell that Tuesdays performance was too poor to merit a place in the next 18.

There's a problem that we're lacking in quality. Holmes was a very promising bit-part player last season, Now I can't wait for him to be fit. But because of that we can't risk starting him yet and having him break down again. Half an hour max at the end of the game if he's ready for that. He can provide a spark/flair but who else can? Oh for Elsnik who we released (not got a club yet). I'm not sure Sibley is quite ready for regular league action but if we can nurture him through then he might be the one. Not going for Ramselaar does seem a strange decision when we simply don't have enough skill in the team.

To which end I would pick our most skillful forward line. The players with the best touch, able to control and hold a ball, pass it and spark off each other. And the players hungry for goals.

For the Malone haters, if you want play Shinnie left back and bring Jayden Mitchell Lawson onto the bench.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos

Bielik

Evans          Knight

Lawrence

Marriott       Martin

First off, against Bristol Malone had a really good first 44 minutes and then made a mistake. Mistakes happen. We made a lot of them. Up to that point he, Lowe and Lawrence were our stand out players.

I'd send a message to Josefzoon, Huddlestone and Dowell that Tuesdays performance was too poor to merit a place in the next 18.

There's a problem that we're lacking in quality. Holmes was a very promising bit-part player last season, Now I can't wait for him to be fit. But because of that we can't risk starting him yet and having him break down again. Half an hour max at the end of the game if he's ready for that. He can provide a spark/flair but who else can? Oh for Elsnik who we released (not got a club yet). I'm not sure Sibley is quite ready for regular league action but if we can nurture him through then he might be the one. Not going for Ramselaar does seem a strange decision when we simply don't have enough skill in the team.

To which end I would pick our most skillful forward line. The players with the best touch, able to control and hold a ball, pass it and spark off each other. And the players hungry for goals.

For the Malone haters, if you want play Shinnie left back and bring Jayden Mitchell Lawson onto the bench.

Reading back all the reports from last night, it was a good night for Chrissy’s first team prospects.

Would Cocu be so brave to bring him back from the brink though?

I’d love to see it. A fully fit and firing Martin is first choice for me, even ahead of Marriott.

But the big question is, can he get back to the level he was at?

If they're fit:

Roos

Keogh     Davies    Clarke

Bennett         Beilik   Shinnie         Lowe

Waghorn        Lawrence 

Marriott

Bench: Hamer, Buchanan, Martin, Hudds, Knight, Zoon, Evans

Obviously Bogle would replace Bennett when fit

16 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Ok I'll take over the reins see if I can get a bit of momentum going. Still winner stays on ? 

Games coming thick and fast , beauty of the championship , can wrong your writes quickly , fingers crossed. 

3 5 2 for me 

Roos 

Keogh.      Davies.      Clarke 

Lowe                                          Buchanan 

Knight.         Bielik

Lawrence

Waghorn.            Marriott

Decent but I would have Shinnie starting and Knight to come on later in the games and build him up 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Reading back all the reports from last night, it was a good night for Chrissy’s first team prospects.

I’d love to see it. A fully fit and firing Martin is first choice for me, even ahead of Marriott.

I was pleased Chrissy played the full match against Saints U23. And showed a rally good attitude. His touch and vision preseason and again in this game looked fine. He'd get fitter with more games, but I think him and Marriott together would be a tremendous combination. The ball bounced off Waghorn and Bennett every time it went neat them last night - Conor Sammon-esque. I don't see how Martin could do any worse.

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was pleased Chrissy played the full match against Saints U23. And showed a rally good attitude. His touch and vision preseason and again in this game looked fine. He'd get fitter with more games, but I think him and Marriott together would be a tremendous combination. The ball bounced off Waghorn and Bennett every time it went neat them last night - Conor Sammon-esque. I don't see how Martin could do any worse.

Forest away bring Chrissy back into the lineup.

The ball over the top behind Clarke will be heavily targeted as shown in the last couple of games. Going to 3 at the back would help counter this, and ease the RB issue. We've been lacking a bit of goal threat so far, so let's start the 3 players who're likely to offer the most in front of goal.

Roos
               Keogh     Bielik     Clarke
Jozefzoon      Evans       Shinnie       Lowe       
                            Lawrence
                  Waghorn      Marriott

Bench: Hamer, Davies, Buchanan, Huddlestone, Knight, Bennett, Martin

I'd bring Martin to the bench

"You live in the past!!"

Yeah, I had a brief spell in the present and saw Waghorn's first touch. Neither Dowell or Bennett make the ball stick. 

"He's scored 3 in 780"

Cool. I want someone who can make the ball stick. That's one step towards a better team. 

Roos, Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone, Bielik, Evans, Waghorn, Lawrence, Paterson, Marriott. 

At the first sign of Marriott struggling or the ball not sticking then Martin on for Waghorn or Marriott

It's not living in the past. But at least he can trap a football ffs

Huddlestone I'd have as the bench. Yes, not 'on' the bench. 'As' the bench. 

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It’s getting more likely - I like Waghorn but I don’t think he is a centre forward but a very good support player 

Marriott         Waghorn

Lawrence

Dowell.                                 Holmes

Bielik 

Malone        Clarke           Keogh         Lowe

Roos

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos

Bielik

Evans          Knight

Lawrence

Marriott       Martin

Couldn't agree more?

19 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Hamer

Keogh         Bielik           Clarke

Bennett       Evans          Shinnie        Lowe

Lawrence

Marriott        Waghorn

No idea what Evans has done to be dropped imo.

Not sure Bennett is a wing back....I would swap positions for Evans and Bielik, other than that quite like the look of that team. Obviously Bogle will come in at right back when fit and somehow need to find a place for Holmes.....

Archived