Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, superzak said:

Probably will go back to Bristol in January when Rooney takes up station

I'd imagine its a safety against Bristols summer signings being complete tosh, to be honest ? 

They've let him ago assuming all the attacking midfielders they've signed will displace him.

14 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Bloke seems like a red dog idiot, but to be fair, must realise he'll be judged by all sides now due to his flippant stupid comment. And he will have to address it very very soon in an interview no doubt

If he messes up this loan spell the writing will be on the wall for him and he no doubt knows it

Has he pissed on your Christmas dinner or something? 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

What makes you think that? I'm pretty sure it's entirely down to Bristol alone and neither Derby or the player get any say.

Because its not uncommon for a clause to allow a player to return provided all agree.

Obviously if they want him back and he wants to go then we would let him.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Him looking really good  v. You looking a plonker. No brainer, Jono.

I’ll have you know that Mrs Jono said recently, that if  I’ve had my haircut, used some “product” on it, let my legs see a bit of sun, and at the same time if I suck my stomach in ... I’m really not bad looking for a short arse. 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

How so? We've got no-one ready to bang on the right wing door right now. Maybe in the second half of the season, but not right now. 

We've got Mason Bennett who the fans seem to love, and maybe Jozefzoon deserves a bit more of a crack at it.

After all, we're constantly told not to write off players after only a handful of games, and that's all Zoon has had.

13 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Nice to see Mel and cocu taking the not blocking the path of the youngsters comments seriously.... 

Literally every single time Cocu has been asked about young players, he’s been quick to say, but you need players with experience as well. Success from the academy would be bringing one player through a season, not filling the team with 18 year olds straight away and hoping for the best.

I'm not sure I'd have him as a starter, I still see Lawrence and Holmes as our best wide options.

But after seeing the replies to Bristol City's tweet they seem pretty annoyed. It could be good purely for the reason that we're taking a player off a rival more than anything.

If he can contribute, people will look past his previous comments, although I don't really care that much about them. He's not a player I can see us bringing in to pin the hopes of our season on, he's another option who can hopefully add something more than we previously had.

24 minutes ago, NewtonRamDE55 said:

Couldn't care less what he's said about us, same as when Butterfield was with us, he plays for us so I'll support him the same as every other player

Meh , I don't like Nottingham but I've still shopped there ...........???

4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

We've got Mason Bennett who the fans seem to love, and maybe Jozefzoon deserves a bit more of a crack at it.

After all, we're constantly told not to write off players after only a handful of games, and that's all Zoon has had.

Jozefzoon is older than Paterson..................

And this is a position for which we only have one player (Jozefzoon); Bennett, Waghorn and Holmes are all out of position when playing on the right. This was a position of need.

13 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Really? That’s pretty poo. We could be promotion rivals and if we and he has momentum by doing well in the league they could just decide to re-call to try to disrupt the momentum 

Hate these clauses.  Good signing , but no point with this sort of clause . If he does well and plays regular come January we have to change the team again .  Found that out with Ibe and then the Martin debacle .

14 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

He'll get into training tomorrow, the lads will relentlessly take the piss regarding his previous comments, and probably throughout the session then park it when walking back from the training pitch.

I'd suggest we as fans do the same, moan a bit tonight then leave it behind, get behind the fella and trust in Cocu's judgement as to his usefulness.

Just watched his interview, so will follow my own advice.

That's the least convincing interview I've seen since John Nichol got shot down over Iraq.

Forest banker. Welcome to Derby!

Archived