Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

In the clip when asked about his comment he does appear a bit 'sheepish'..... Good enough for me...?

Hope he performs, nothing against him but never seen much in him that makes me think he is going to push us forward... for my money, he is probably better than Jozefzoon, different to Bennett... similar but not as good as Lawrence. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

It's a good move for him. If Bristol are willing to loan him out then imo he's gone out to a club that's more under the spotlight but shares the same goals. 

For us, I think he adds depth and options but is the average standard 2nd tier winger. It's an area we aren't strong in so average standard isn't too bad. 

I don't think he'll add anything that we haven't already got. He will just make sure we can sustain that level and don't end up asking Tom Huddlestone to play out there! 

I think he's done better out of it than us imo

Fair points, but I would put him as (just) above average, gets stuck in and generally has a 6.5 out of 10 game. Not really excited, but it probably would have taken us signing Will and the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders after Rooney Tuesday!

I think he’ll improve us overall. 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Jesus that interview, could he sound anymore disinterested?

sounds like he had no intention of leaving Bristol and they’ve pushed him out of the door and we were the 11th hour takers because all of our other options didn’t materialise.

you surely want people who want to be here, who want to bleed for the club and give us everything, he sounds like he couldn’t give a **** about us. 

Genuinely would rather we played a hungry academy graduate who appreciates the club and what it represents.

poor business Derby

Find myself in awkward position of defending him....he seemed honest/genuine enough. Spoke calmly and sensibly.... could hardly have said 'over the moon, dream move, club is in my blood..'

Will let his feet do the talking...if he does nothing then I will dislike him more than your average flop though.

Jamie Ward gave 100% to Forest, see no reason why he can't do it for us.

9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Jesus that interview, could he sound anymore disinterested?

sounds like he had no intention of leaving Bristol and they’ve pushed him out of the door and we were the 11th hour takers because all of our other options didn’t materialise.

you surely want people who want to be here, who want to bleed for the club and give us everything, he sounds like he couldn’t give a **** about us. 

Genuinely would rather we played a hungry academy graduate who appreciates the club and what it represents.

poor business Derby

Made me laugh.... only because I agree.... come on Pogo, cheer up!

3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Methinks he has to hit the ground running , because the fans might not cut him much slack.

Got a feeling he won’t give 2 hoots about giving the crowd as good as they give should they get on his back.

genuinely don’t think he likes us, he’s here for money and playing time.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Find myself in awkward position of defending him....he seemed honest/genuine enough. Spoke calmly and sensibly.... could hardly have said 'over the moon, dream move, club is in my blood..'

Will let his feet do the talking...if he does nothing then I will dislike him more than your average flop though.

Jamie Ward gave 100% to Forest, see no reason why he can't do it for us.

Jamie ward knew it was his last chance really, and made no secret of why he was going to them(family etc) 

And always put a shift in regardless of where he was. Shame he was so injury prone, was class on his day. And he was never dumb enough to outright say-nah don't like them.. 

This guy just seems to have the personality and drive of a puddle, and bearing in mind he's already said he doesn't like Derby it doesn't bode well

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Got a feeling he won’t give 2 hoots about giving the crowd as good as they give should they get on his back.

genuinely don’t think he likes us, he’s here for money and playing time.

He's literally here for the money and nothing else 

I for one hope he doesn't get any playing time

6 minutes ago, R@M said:

Fair points, but I would put him as (just) above average, gets stuck in and generally has a 6.5 out of 10 game. Not really excited, but it probably would have taken us signing Will and the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders after Rooney Tuesday!

I think he’ll improve us overall. 

I wasn't Russell's biggest fan but I think a Russell from 2013-2015 would be a great signing for us now. That's how we've kind of gone with wingers like Weimann, Camara, Anya, Blackman, Jozefzoon and Bennett (although I think Bennett could improve a lot still and really surprise a few)

Ince now looks world class! 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wasn't Russell's biggest fan but I think a Russell from 2013-2015 would be a great signing for us now. That's how we've kind of gone with wingers like Weimann, Camara, Anya, Blackman, Jozefzoon and Bennett (although I think Bennett could improve a lot still and really surprise a few)

Ince now looks world class! 

A good few on here saying Ince isn't good enough on another thread and they wouldn't want him back too. Does make you wonder!

Jamie Paterson is a ram, is a ram, is a ram, Jamie Paterson is a ram, he hates Derby. ?

Saw that on Twitter and made me chuckle. Hope we sing it to make light of it and not be precious about it like some people are being. 

I think he will be better than people expect, and his interview just seems how he comes across in other interviews. Think he’s a bit of a wum really. 

Well, one way or another it's pretty ballsy to just double down on what he said, which I really am not too bothered about. Could have just said sorry and didn't mean anything by it, but he made some sort of dig about "it'll go on for a few days and then they'll forget about it".

Er...what? Why say that? What purpose can that serve?

As I said earlier, I really don't care if he likes Derby or not, as long as he's a professional. He comes across like an immature tool.

I suppose there are parallels with Jamie Ward but when Ward went to Forest he didn't go in and respond to the question about scoring in front of the Trent End with "ah, Forest fans are a fickle lot. They'll love me when I bag a few goals mate".

Really weird.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

As I said earlier, I really don't care if he likes Derby or not, as long as he's a professional. He comes across like an immature tool.

He seems like he has the same sort of character as lingard from the outside looking in, and we all remember how well that went

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Well, one way or another it's pretty ballsy to just double down on what he said, which I really am not too bothered about. Could have just said sorry and didn't mean anything by it, but he made some sort of dig about "it'll go on for a few days and then they'll forget about it".

Er...what? Why say that? What purpose can that serve?

I suppose there are parallels with Jamie Ward but when Ward went to Forest he didn't go in and respond to the question about scoring in front of the Trent End with "ah, Forest fans are a fickle lot. They'll love me when I bag a few goals mate".

Really weird.

Didn't see it that way....he could have denied it and looked ridiculous. Or been very apologetic, which just makes it look like it was a big deal and makes more of a story of it.

He down played it, said it was an off hand joke, nothing to see here...but understands it will get talked about as it was in his first interview. Seems reasonable to me.

Can't be doing with fake hand-wringing. He also didn't reiterate it and say oh but he will try and learn to love us...he agreed he said it but just as a tiny weak joke, no big deal. 

Reminded me of the Andy Murray anti-England situation coming off one comment.

Gets my support and hope he thrives off it and scores and kisses the badge, all forgotten. If he is terrible and doesn't put in a shift patience will be in short supply though.

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

A good few on here saying Ince isn't good enough on another thread and they wouldn't want him back too. Does make you wonder!

I can't understand that. 

Ince decision making is much better than most wingers in this league. As most do one touch or one twist or one turn too many, Ince more often makes his moves at the right time. As some wingers get lead by defenders, Ince more often gets where they don't want him. He's not perfect but he was at the top end! 

Honestly, calm down. The term “snowflakes” only really applies to football fans doesn’t it?

For everyone crying fowl, can I just tell you that you’re getting upset about an off the cuff comment made on a social media post of a club you don’t support. 6 months ago.

Imagine going on a date with a girl and telling her you get upset by an off the cuff comment on a Bristol City twitter video about the super bowl. You wouldn’t say it because it would sound sad and it would sound sad because it is sad.

The bloke gave an honest interview, fair play to him, much better than the “massive club, my dream to come here” drivel you get in any other interview. Actually shows he’s got a bit about him imo.

Clearly sees the original comment as harmless banter that will die down. Maybe he’s wrong in assuming that grown men who support Derby have the emotional maturity to do that and support him like they would any other player, and thus showing the fans too much respect.

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Didn't see it that way....he could have denied it and looked ridiculous. Or been very apologetic, which just makes it look like it was a big deal and makes more of a story of it.

He down played it, said it was an off hand joke, nothing to see here...but understands it will get talked about as it was in his first interview. Seems reasonable to me.

Can't be doing with fake hand-wringing. He also didn't reiterate it and say oh but he will try and learn to love us...he agreed he said it but just as a tiny weak joke, no big deal. 

Reminded me of the Andy Murray anti-England situation coming off one comment.

Gets my support and hope he thrives off it and scores and kisses the badge, all forgotten. If he is terrible and doesn't put in a shift patience will be in short supply though.

That's all it was, a daft little joke. He said it while he was at Bristol, not Forest, which is baffling. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that he was so flippant about it. I wouldn't have wanted him to say sorry or beg for forgiveness, even though that's what most players in his situation might have done. So respect for that bit.

The response was a bit arrogant. Something like "the fans love it really", and "they'll forget about it in a few days"? Why the provocative dig? Seriously childish stuff. Is he a footballer or the class clown?

Maybe it's just that he doesn't have the likeability to pull it off.

All in all, I think I'd have preferred they didn't address the video at all. It probably will die down in a few days. Just made a nothing issue into a problem for me by coming across like a prat.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

That's all it was, a daft little joke. He said it while he was at Bristol, not Forest, which is baffling. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that he was so flippant about it. I wouldn't have wanted him to say sorry or beg for forgiveness, even though that's what most players in his situation might have done. So respect for that bit.

The response was a bit arrogant. Something like "the fans love it really", and "they'll forget about it in a few days"? Why the provocative dig? Seriously childish stuff. Is he a footballer or the class clown?

Maybe it's just that he doesn't have the likeability to pull it off. 

Struggle to take it that way. How is that arrogant? If anything, he’s showing respect to the fans in assuming it’s all good natured and the fans have the maturity to understand it was a joke and all a bit of banter.

Clearly it is more of an issue though...

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

...He comes across like an immature tool....

In that case he'll fit in perfectly with a large number of our fans - the reaction from far too many had been utterly embarrassing.

The fact is that he's a decent player at this level and we should judge him based on his on-field performances rather than a foolish comment meant to endear him to their fans....threatening to boo him before he's even kicked a ball is pathetic....

Archived