Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Literally every single time Cocu has been asked about young players, he’s been quick to say, but you need players with experience as well. Success from the academy would be bringing one player through a season, not filling the team with 18 year olds straight away and hoping for the best.

Name one youngster who would expect to have any significant role in the first team (excluding bogle who already is) particularly after January.... I agree with the idea, but there is a success rate to this type of thing so one or two players notably in first team contention (and not fighting over the same role) isn't flooding the team. 

Mitchell lawson looked bright briefly last season as did many of the wide players in the run to our team winning nationally. 

I don't get the logic of selling Thomas (which only makes sense if they believe there are much stronger players behind him coming through) and then having 4/5 or more senior players ahead of them (depending on who you count as a wide player e.g Holmes, waghorn if marriott returns, bennett, etc) 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Just watched his interview, so will follow my own advice.

That's the least convincing interview I've seen since John Nichol got shot down over Iraq.

Forest banker. Welcome to Derby!

Yep, just watched the full interview. Not convinced by him at all and have no idea why he agreed to join us. Hope I’m proved wrong. 

I’m usually a happy clapper.

Useful addition to the squad. Gives us a bit more depth on the wings, and he is a very energetic wholehearted player. Anyone who wants to discount him at this point because of a bit of schoolboy banter need to give their heads a shake.

9 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Yep, just watched the full interview. Not convinced by him at all and have no idea why he agreed to join us. Hope I’m proved wrong. 

I’m usually a happy clapper.

Yeah, he's clearly here for a paycheck and probably will give zero effort. Even gibbo sounded really awkward in the vid as he can tell the bloke just couldn't be arsed and didn't want to be there

I'm obviously biased and basing this on nothing. 

Would rather give anya a chance for a few months. Or Bennett. Or zoon. Lawrence out of position until Jan. Or waggy. 

But I suppose this is why Cocu's in the job and no me! In cocu we trust. 

10 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Name one youngster who would expect to have any significant role in the first team (excluding bogle who already is) particularly after January.... I agree with the idea, but there is a success rate to this type of thing so one or two players notably in first team contention (and not fighting over the same role) isn't flooding the team. 

Mitchell lawson looked bright briefly last season as did many of the wide players in the run to our team winning nationally. 

I don't get the logic of selling Thomas (which only makes sense if they believe there are much stronger players behind him coming through) and then having 4/5 or more senior players ahead of them (depending on who you count as a wide player e.g Holmes, waghorn if marriott returns, bennett, etc) 

Knight is clearly in pole position in that regards at the moment, how involved he is will probably depend on how well he plays when he gets the chance.

Thomas’ attitude has been pointed at for why he wasn’t given a chance. I don’t know how true that is. I certainly hoped he’d get a chance with us this season.

38 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Just noticed they have the option of a January recall which is such a horrible clause to have in. He hits form and we lose out.

That smacks of desperation on our part if we agreed to the clause.

Plays well gets returned to Bristol, has a stinker no point of bringing him on loan in the first place.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Knight is clearly in pole position in that regards at the moment, how involved he is will probably depend on how well he plays when he gets the chance.

Thomas’ attitude has been pointed at for why he wasn’t given a chance. I don’t know how true that is. I certainly hoped he’d get a chance with us this season.

Do we really see knight playing that much.... a fair few ahead of him and then if Rooney signs you’d imagine he isn’t playing as a 9 instead of waggy. Just find it a little disappointing for a season after out u18s doing so well and so much talk of giving youth a chance the best (any) actual chance of a youngster breaking through is as a 5/6 choice midfielder...

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

That smacks of desperation on our part if we agreed to the clause.

Plays well gets returned to Bristol, has a stinker no point of bringing him on loan in the first place.

Unless we're doing an inside job and weakening an opponant 

1 minute ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Do we really see knight playing that much.... a fair few ahead of him and then if Rooney signs you’d imagine he isn’t playing as a 9 instead of waggy. Just find it a little disappointing for a season after out u18s doing so well and so much talk of giving youth a chance the best (any) actual chance of a youngster breaking through is as a 5/6 choice midfielder...

Depends how he plays. Surely the progression from the u18s is the u23s?

4 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

He’s going to have to prove himself to the fans and win us over with a high work ethic and probably an important goal or two (followed by kissing the badge). Once he’s done that.. all will be forgotten. We all hope he’s a good addition. 

Archived