Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a naive comment I'm sure he regrets or he wouldn't have signed. He'll have to address it in his first interview then we'll move on. If he does a job for us I don't care about his past. He's got to be an upgrade on Jozefzoon even though I can't remember what he was like when he played us!

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Bristol fans unhappy with this one. So our gain?

A lot of mixed comments. Some saying he is their best attacker, others saying they are glad they got rid because he is really inconsistent and hasn’t been good for 18 months.

The replies on twitter are embarrassing. Can't wait for the boos when he makes misplaces a pass. Judge him in a Derby shirt not what he jokingly said in the past. 

It's an upgrade on FloJo in my opinion and gives us more options, so ultimately we've improved the squad. 

He’ll have my full support when he walks on the pitch 

but it puzzles me, he doesn’t seem to be a genius in the making and doesn’t seem to like Derby .. is it just that he’s the right shaped peg for a particular hole. ?  I’m a bit meh with this one

Watch him become Cocu’s master stroke and make me look a right plonker 

This window's just been pure banter. Honestly think signing a player that has said he doesn't like us on camera tops the Rooney and Carson moves. Mind you, it will be worth it when he and Dowell both get hat tricks in a 6-0 thrashing of the trees later this season

On a related note, in an insomnia-fuelled fit of anoraky boredom, I once went through the Derby County Players and Nottingham Forest Players categories on Wikipedia and compiled a list of every player I could find that played for both us and the trees, and on the basis of that research Paterson is number 76. Now you know.

Bloke seems like a red dog idiot, but to be fair, must realise he'll be judged by all sides now due to his flippant stupid comment. And he will have to address it very very soon in an interview no doubt

If he messes up this loan spell the writing will be on the wall for him and he no doubt knows it

3 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

A lot of mixed comments. Some saying he is their best attacker, others saying they are glad they got rid because he is really inconsistent and hasn’t been good for 18 months.

Not uncommon.
I'd say, in the past few seasons, our best attacker (according to a large proportion of fans) doesn't turn up in a lot of games. Harry Wilson last season to name one. Tom Ince. Tom Lawrence has been similar in the past.

Sith Happens

So what if he said he doesn't like Derby,  at least he was brave enough to publicly say it and not like one of those moaning about him hidden behind a keyboard.

Could do a lot worse on deadline day, let's be honest.

But his comments about us are relevant I think - it shows really poor judgement and maturity, and I can only hope he's done some growing up since then.

Not really bothered about what specifically he said about us per se but I really struggle with players who don't let their football do the talking.

The fact that Paterson signed so late and on loan surely means our number 1,2 and even possibly 3 targets didn’t happen for whatever reason. I still get a horrible feeling that the Rooney deal has hit us hard financially and we couldn’t afford our other targets.

still, Paterson is better than what we have currently and no doubt owd Phil can get a tune out of him 

I have no problem with whoever Cocu brings into the team, the only players he will bring in are players who he believes will improve the squad, be it from Forest, .Leeds, anywhere so long as he gives the commitment to the club that's all that matters It doesn't matter to me if they have previously said (everybody says something, does something that looking back on was not the wisest thing to do or say)  they hate Derby, a comment made no doubt to big it up with the Forest fans to make him look good. If people can't accept that Cocu would bring such a player in and they can't deal with it that is their choice . The team and club will still get my full support. 

Archived