Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Honestly, calm down. The term “snowflakes” only really applies to football fans doesn’t it?

For everyone crying fowl, can I just tell you that you’re getting upset about an off the cuff comment made on a social media post of a club you don’t support. 6 months ago.

Nobody crying 'fowl' here mr, honest! 

giphy.gif

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

He's literally here for the money and nothing else 

I for one hope he doesn't get any playing time

Why do you think the other members of staff are here because they all love and support Derby.........life of a footballer is short so they sell themselves to the highest offer.

From Phillips Cocu down they are all here for the money and to further their careers.

He's an average player that may well improve us. My big worry is will he upset the dressing room? The team seems to really get along with each other and morale is high but he seems arrogant and not someone who will fit in nicely or get along with various personalities.

Obviously a huge generalisation as I don't know him but he wouldn't have been my first choice. Lets hope he proves me wrong though!

41 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

He's literally here for the money and nothing else 

I for one hope he doesn't get any playing time

you do realize it's a loan?, we pay his wages so he gets no more than he would at city so how is he here for the money?

I'll expect you'll stay in your seat then if he scores for us?

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Nobody crying 'fowl here mr, honest! 

giphy.gif

I expect music with these videos, 86S&aP. What about Way to Amarillo or Dancing in the street.

. Up your game 86. This is a big season. Everyone needs to give 100%

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

In that case he'll fit in perfectly with a large number of our fans - the reaction from far too many had been utterly embarrassing.

The fact is that he's a decent player at this level and we should judge him based on his on-field performances rather than a foolish comment meant to endear him to their fans....threatening to boo him before he's even kicked a ball is pathetic....

Not seen a single person 'threatening to boo him before he's even kicked a ball'? Are you referring to this site or do you mean or Twatter? In any case, it seems a bit incongruous that if you voice the opinion that he's not terribly likeable you then get labelled an 'immature tool' for your trouble! ? 

We've had plenty of players have a change of heart to play for us over the years, I'm pretty sure we've had a few that were forest fans too? (Will Hughes came from that side?). 

If he's got some arrogance? Good, as long as he can back that up with skill. Some of the best wingers we've had over the last few years were arrogant Bamfords. 

Wear the Ram with pride and play for the team, he'll soon have everyone won over. 

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

you do realize it's a loan?, we pay his wages so he gets no more than he would at city so how is he here for the money?

I'll expect you'll stay in your seat then if he scores for us?

It's a signing I'm never gonna be behind, just not particularly impressed with the blokes demeanour and seeming like he doesn't want to be here. It's not the wage cost I'm against-cost is cost, it's the potential to sour a potentially buoyant dressing room by clearly not wanting to be here that I think hasn't been thought through 

But that's why cocu earns the money

And I hope I get proved wrong and will be the first to eat my words, but I'm counting down till January when Rooney arrives anyway, and now hopefully counting down for this Bamford to duck off as well 

Let's hope he scores a worldy on the weekend and gets me out of my seat

I know it’s a bit radical but how about we give him a chance ? 

We groomed Thomas for years and then got rid of him as soon as possible for a pittance

We’ve given zoon multiple chances to stake a claim which he has failed to take time after time without fail  

Perhaps the management know better than we give them credit for 

8 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

Surprised you've taken him on loan. Great player on his day but unfortunately that's a 1/4 occurrence.

Can't believe you've signed Hamer, we had him on loan a few years ago and he's absolute dross.

Can't say it's gone down too well(especially with me!) 

Out of interest, what are your honest thoughts on us taking Rooney? We're all buzzing pretty much! 

Pleased with this signing - always looked dangerous when played against us and certainly better than Joz 

All this up in arms snowflake business is frankly laughable! 

A Derby player for now and I have no doubts he will give his best while here - hope he plays Saturday.

2 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

It's a signing I'm never gonna be behind, just not particularly impressed with the blokes demeanour and seeming like he doesn't want to be here. It's not the wage cost I'm against-cost is cost, it's the potential to sour a potentially buoyant dressing room by clearly not wanting to be here that I think hasn't been thought through 

But that's why cocu earns the money

And I hope I get proved wrong and will be the first to eat my words, but I'm counting down till January when Rooney arrives anyway, and now hopefully counting down for this Bamford to duck off as well 

Let's hope he scores a worldy on the weekend and gets me out of my seat

Exactly what I'm thinking. Also, the audacity and complacency to be playing football as your job, to be earning top money and still have a dejected attitude screams idiot to me. No one is saying they'll boo him and not get behind him, I for one would just be a lot more positive about it if he was likable! (The video 6 months ago when put with his demeanour today also doesn't help).

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In the world of football, with all the wingers out there and some of the players available today, when you sign a player from a promotion rival team that on video has said how much he hates you, you know you are scraping the barrel.

He did not say he hates us. He said he didn’t like us ,and a few years ago at that. If he is to be crucified before he even plays for us then at least get the facts right

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

Exactly what I'm thinking. Also, the audacity and complacency to be playing football as your job, to be earning top money and still have a dejected attitude screams idiot to me. No one is saying they'll boo him and not get behind him, I for one would just be a lot more positive about it if he was likable! (The video 6 months ago when put with his demeanour today also doesn't help).

The other hand we have had the complete opposite with our other signing today

May not be the best player in the world, but seems to have a better attitude and wants to at least try and succeed. I'd rather 11 players like that and finish mid table than a team of pratts and finish top. I think that's why I liked our Johnny so much, likeable fella and whilst he may not be the best player in the world, seemed/came across like he cared a bit

But then I am excited about us getting a granny shagger so suppose take that with a pinch of salt

Archived