Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/05/wayne-rooney-talks-become-player-coach-Derby-county/

what do we all make of this.

Hi by the way, first time posting but been reading and lurking for years!! Came on to read views on this and couldn’t see it posted.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though, some will immediately say MLS is a farmers league but Rooney has really been leading his team like the leader he’s been his entire career and I don’t see why he wouldn’t do that this year. I mean if he does something as passionate and determined as this for us once this season it’d be all worth it. 33 years old! 

https://youtu.be/pWDwYSkQj5g

Just now, jimbo jones said:

The wages are the one thing I’m wondering. Would he be willing to except a major pay cut to get his foot in the door coaching?? 

As a player, he’d still be a class above, and he’s only 34

I think he would saw the other day Coleen has already moved back to the UK to get the kids into British school's and told him he must spend more time with them.She hates the living in Washington and the time he is away with away games .

Hilarious. Presumably to play in midfield. He was very committed at DC United. This is perhaps the greatest assist ever:

I always thought we'd have been a better side if Lampard had put his boots on and played too. I am less convinced that Rooney still offers enough, but it's worth a try. His deal would not be high wages but a proportion of the extra commercial revenue his presence brings.

Derby County never lose the ability to surprise me! And that's got to be good. Hasn't it?

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hilarious. Presumably to play in midfield. He was very committed at DC United. This is perhaps the greatest assist ever:

I always thought we'd have been a better side if Lampard had put his boots on and played too. I am less convinced that Rooney still offers enough, but it's worth a try. His deal would not be high wages but a proportion of the extra commercial revenue his presence brings.

Derby County never lose the ability to surprise me! And that's got to be good. Hasn't it?

For sure the greatest assist ever. Like I said, he does something like this once and it’s all worth it

Archived