Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The article says Morris wants to bring him in. That suggests to me that he's seen the commercial opportunities brought about by having a legendary ex-England international at the club. He'll know what Lampard meant for the club commercially.

I imagine Rooney still has a bit in the tank too.

You imagine correctly. The MLS is sub standard but he still sticks out like a sore thumb. Excited by this and I don't generally do excited.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't confess to watching an awful lot of MLS football, but I see the odd clip on social media from time to time. At the time, this stood out as one of the most exceptional pieces of football I've seen in a long time, and it still is. I think it's great credit to WR to go out to America and show he still has a real hunger for the game rather than just using it as an easy pay-day.

He turned 0 points into 3 in the space of 20 seconds from pure desire, vision and ability.

1 hour ago, LERam said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/05/wayne-rooney-talks-become-player-coach-Derby-county/

what do we all make of this.

Hi by the way, first time posting but been reading and lurking for years!! Came on to read views on this and couldn’t see it posted.

Welcome.  I too lurked for ages before taking the plunge and actually joining in.  Glad I did.  

Archived