Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, this is utterly mental. Finally got access to the article. Wayne Rooney was, and probably still is, an utterly unreal player. At his best, words couldn’t even describe how unbelievablely brilliant he was. A special, special player in almost every aspect of his game- the number of positions he’s been deployed across and he’s still impressed shows exactly that. He got a lot of criticism, unfairly imo, for periods out of form, but when he was on his game... he was utterly unplayable. Could tear teams apart from almost anywhere on the pitch. To have him play for the Derby, a player who was once one of the best in the world, and is one of England’s greatest ever, would be scarcely believable. And he’s still only 33, he could still offer huge amounts at this level! Would make Ashley’s coles signing look like lee naylor... can’t believe there’d be anyone against the signing!? The 12 year old in me needs to nip to the Hillsborough away end bogs at this rumour I’m not gonna lie...

Surprised he’d be looking at being a player coach so early on in his career, but I’m certainly not complaining.. his experiences at the top of the game could add a great deal to the development of our youngsters. Then again, he had already effectively retired moving to the US so I suppose it’s not that shocking, but a move to a tough league like that championship is one way to announce your return from “retirement”! Does sound like talks are at an early stage, portably just started talking to him to see if he fancies it and what sort of role he’d want so I wouldn’t get too excited yet... but if talks are continuing, that’s gotta be a sign that the talks so far have looked to be heading somewhere so maybe just maybe this one could happen....

duck it, I am getting excited. This is Wayne ducking Rooney we’re talking about!

I can't believe this will actually happen, but Rooney would be an unbelievable signing. He's not exactly got fitness issues, still in his early 30s and keeps going strong in the states. 

I'd imagine his wages, whilst probably not six figures, will still be considerable. DC United won't let him go for nothing either. 

55 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The article says Morris wants to bring him in. That suggests to me that he's seen the commercial opportunities brought about by having a legendary ex-England international at the club. He'll know what Lampard meant for the club commercially.

I imagine Rooney still has a bit in the tank too.

Will be linked to investment in the club. He's been brilliant for DC United. Owner of DC United doubled value of San Fram Giants. I see investment coming...

Unbelievable  jeff. You’d have to think he’s being brought in as an attacking midfielder rather than an out an out striker.

So many options with Rooney. Imagine Rooney behind a front two of Waghorn and Marriott , Rooney spraying balls left right and centre

Archived