Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The article says Morris wants to bring him in. That suggests to me that he's seen the commercial opportunities brought about by having a legendary ex-England international at the club. He'll know what Lampard meant for the club commercially.

I imagine Rooney still has a bit in the tank too.

My thoughts exactly. Has seen how much the profile of the club was raised and how it helped get Cocu in.  Keep the club relevant and progressive (as in him being a coach). Also seen how Cole was a decent non-disruptive influence on the young players. Rooney will have seen how Lampard did well out of the club too and was treated with respect and given a sound footing on the ladder. 

Would be VERY interesting. Rooney has been a model pro. If it works then I am in!

That's one way to get the investors interested, Mel.

Jesus Christ. Wayne Rooney? The actual Wayne Rooney?

I must be crazy for thinking it but as the attacking midfielder in a midfield-three, I actually think Rooney would boss this league. How old was John Terry when he smashed it at Villa? 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

That's one way to get the investors interested, Mel.

Jesus Christ. Wayne Rooney? The actual Wayne Rooney?

I must be crazy for thinking it but as the attacking midfielder in a midfield-three, I actually think Rooney would boss this league. How old was John Terry when he smashed it at Villa? 

That's what I was thinking. As the more advanced midfielder of a 3, if he still has the work rate, he could be brilliant. That being said, surely there is no way. Surely. 

Archived