Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LittleEatonRam said:

He was a guaranteed starter for England for most of his career, and barely scored any against big opposition or in tournaments.

If Greaves had been able to play multiple games against San Marino he'd probably be out of sight for the record.

Yes Greaves scored a hatful when he played for Spurs v Derby (Anonymous every game)

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Jim White on Talk Sport said he spoke to Mel just before Mel had to nip to "a very important meeting with sponsors"...32 Red will be all over this, I can see our stadium being renamed on the back of this signing.

Mel says the call between Cocu and Rooney was the main thing which persuaded Rooney it was a good move

So reassuring that the manager is positive about the deal - That's my final worry solved

Posted this in another thread but thought it might be needed here, too:

Mel Morris speaking about Wayne Rooney on TalkSport: "We understood Wayne was keen to return to the UK. The key thing for me was the conversation he had with Phillip Cocu. It's never done until it's done but we're obviously focused and very keen to get this over the line this morning. I'm confident that this is something we'll get sorted out. I can guarantee you Phillip Cocu is as excited as I am. We see nothing in this deal that will change our stance on FFP."

Hope he comes earlier than Jan if it does come off. There’s a lot of games between now and then. Could we not try negotiate with DC United so his current contract is cancelled he joins us but is loaned back to them to see out their season? 

Is that possible? He could then presumably join us in November. Make it happen Mel ?

11 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Mel is a football genius..

I'm almost certain he's got that wrong, if you look through the FFP rules on the EFL website, the SCMP mentioned is Salary Cost Management Protocol, I think that this rule only relates to L1 and L2 clubs, not to Championship clubs. ?‍♀️

Archived