Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Quite disheartened now hearing he won't be here until January,  half a season gone then he will have to get used to championship football and adjust etc and not to mention half a season at his age is probably about 25% of his career ?‍♂️??????

Surely he'll start at Moor Farm in the autumn as a coach, plus training, then turn out on New Year's Day?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbf, he could come in his coaching role as soon as DCs season ends in October. Just wouldnt be a registered player until Jan

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

So a player that played week in week out in a team that dominated top flight football at the time, became their record goalscorer and captain, won everything there is to win in domestic and european football. Became Englands top goalscorer and captain.

Overrated??? give me a break and don't hide behind the fact it's an "opinion", you are either a troll or you know absolutely nothing about football, and that's my opinion.

do you think andy cole, Henry or yorke are all overrated too ?

I don't really understand why some people assume you're a troll just because you say something they don't like.

His domestic record is excellent and the ironic thing here is I think he could do a job for us (how much is up for debate), but the guy never turned up when it mattered for England in major tournaments. When we get a player that does how will he be described if Rooney is a legend? Master of All The Universe?

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

So confirmed then he won't be here until Jan. Watch him get injured playing for DC.. 

This therefore still means we need an attacking midfielder and a winger.

Perhaps Rooney was the potential fifth player Cocu was alluding too?

Sky have said "Rooney wants to finish the season with DC and join in January" they also said "Rooney and his Reps are here to thrash out a deal".

If Cocu and Mel want him now they could stand firm on the deal meaning he signs now maybe?

24 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Well yes. I think you have to score more goals in major tournaments as a striker than he did to be considered a legend.

he scored 31 champions league goals, i'd say that was a major tournament, wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I thought I heard he wants his contract terminated and to play here immediately? Would be a buzz kill having to wait until January TBH.

I just can't see it imo, if a fee is agreed and personal terms agreed, but he goes back till jan, what happens if he gets a massive injury in his last game?, surely we wouldn't risk this would we?. Also what's the rush if we have 4 months to do the deal.

My cousin who leaves in  LA says that over there they expect him to be employed by Derby today and will leave Washington at the same time.

Their transfer window closes on Wednesday and they have a player waiting to sign they need to sort out the registration s quickly and Derby will pay a nominal fee.

1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I haven't got time to quote every fanboy who's replied to me, so I'll just say that my point, for those questioning it, is that Rooney was and is overrated.

One WC goal and apparently he's a Legend. What low expectations we have.

Still, go ahead and wet your girly little pants because we're signing a Man Utd legend.

giphy.gif

Whether he was overrated or not is irrelevant. He was winning major trophies and scoring more Premier League goals than almost anyone and scoring more goals for England than anyone. 

Last I checked a player like that in his prime would probably be hard for Derby to sign. 

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I just can't see it imo, if a fee is agreed and personal terms agreed, but he goes back till jan, what happens if he gets a massive injury in his last game?, surely we wouldn't risk this would we?. Also what's the rush if we have 4 months to do the deal.

Yeah technically you could just sign him in the January transfer window so not sure why the deal would be done now but we wouldn't get him until january even though their season ends in October and he would technically be our player , the whole thing is just weird , hope it doesn't turn out to be a gimmick and he only comes here to be a coach in the end or something, that would some up the typical Derby disappointment ???

Yeah it really doesnt make a lot of sense for him to sign but only begin playing in January. What if he gets injured? What if we perform ducking poo and are fighting relegation - would he really wanna come to that poo show? Why would DC be signing a replacement if he wasnt already coming? 

Hopefully Sky Sports source is just a guy taking a wild guess - how often are Sky Sports correct with there sources?

2 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

My cousin who leaves in  LA says that over there they expect him to be employed by Derby today and will leave Washington at the same time.

Their transfer window closes on Wednesday and they have a player waiting to sign they need to sort out the registration s quickly and Derby will pay a nominal fee.

I think this is closer to the truth. I've seen reports from journos over there saying that they have already got a players waiting to sign when Rooney goes. He will be here before January, otherwise just wait till his season ended in October to do the deal or even January.....

If Coleen wants out and is “desperate” come home, she wouldn’t want to wait until January to do so. 

Plus, if Rooney was only signing today and then heading back to DC to finish the season, he wouldn’t have bought Coleen and the kids on the flight over with him!

Archived