Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It's understood the deal will cost around £100,000 a week and will be supported by commercial sponsors as Derby work to comply with financial fair play guidelines.

Daily Mail

??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Anon said:

Is Mel just trolling Steve Gibson at this point?

I bet poor Mrs Gibson is fed up of having him around the house daytime drinking. The dog looking at the cat with envy as it slips through the flap. 

I reckon the best thing he's bought are them slow close kitchen doors. Getting more value than off Asongforlonger

I’m all for this, one of the most out of the blue, high profile and exciting signings we’ve possibly ever made. 

I just hope that this signing doesn’t negatively effect the rest of the squad if Rooney comes in on high wages, I don’t think for one minute he’s got an ego but the last thing we need is a “considerably richer than you” attitude around the building when our squad cohesion seems very good. 

25 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I agree entirely. I personally still think he could do a good job for a Prem team, but if he wants to come here im not complaining.

23 goals plus 14 assists in 40 odd games for DC is a great return, but for me its the affect he has on the players around him that is the most important. He will create huge problems for opposition teams that will allow the rest of the team more space and freedom to play.

Forest are also claiming they wouldnt have him at their club on their forum, so we are getting a few laughs out of it as well?.

It's worth pointing out that DC Utd were 11th in their conference & 21st overall at the end of the season before he signed.  Last season they finished 4th & 9th...

7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It's understood the deal will cost around £100,000 a week and will be supported by commercial sponsors as Derby work to comply with financial fair play guidelines.

Daily Mail

Seeing as it's the Daily Fail, I'll reserve judgement.  I was hoping it wasn't going to be a (for us) a daft sum like that.  Surely he doesn't need the money...

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Seeing as it's the Daily Fail, I'll reserve judgement.  I was hoping it wasn't going to be a (for us) a daft sum like that.  Surely he doesn't need the money...

Now that sum is out there though, that's all anyone will think it is!

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I’m all for this, one of the most out of the blue, high profile and exciting signings we’ve possibly ever made. 

I just hope that this signing doesn’t negatively effect the rest of the squad if Rooney comes in on high wages, I don’t think for one minute he’s got an ego but the last thing we need is a “considerably richer than you” attitude around the building when our squad cohesion seems very good. 

Wayne and Coleen moments after joining Derby:

image.png.b9d4d809a4d37188328e4aa8f83341b2.png

I haven't got time to quote every fanboy who's replied to me, so I'll just say that my point, for those questioning it, is that Rooney was and is overrated.

One WC goal and apparently he's a Legend. What low expectations we have.

Still, go ahead and wet your girly little pants because we're signing a Man Utd legend.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I haven't got time to quote every fanboy who's replied to me, so I'll just say that my point, for those questioning it, is that Rooney was and is overrated.

One WC goal and apparently he's a Legend. What low expectations we have.

Still, go ahead and wet your girly little pants because we're signing a Man Utd legend.

giphy.gif

Top England goal scorer? Hes quite good 

Archived