Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He was their top scorer in the league as well. He would easily be the best player in the Championship. Whilst some may question the quality of the MLS he is still scoring a lot of wonder goals there both in open play and from set pieces.

Wonder goals yes please!

But for me a player of his quality in the championship it is the composure vision and ability to dictate the play that will make a difference in this mad house league and this is what makes the move very appealing.

I remember Hoddle at Swindow and Gullit at a very average Chelsea side back then,  both past their best for sure but different class, time on the ball, vision, their quality was there for all to see.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

The only thing I'm not excited about is him not being able to play for half a season?? Unless him cancelling his dc united contract would mean he can come immediately ????

If he wasn't coming immediately I'd have thought there would be no rush to do the deal and certainly no need to be here now before deadline. If he's here now then that tells me this is being done now and he'll be our player/coach immediately.

57 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

He was a guaranteed starter for England for most of his career, and barely scored any against big opposition or in tournaments.

If Greaves had been able to play multiple games against San Marino he'd probably be out of sight for the record.

So your point is that we should be signing Greaves ? Bit old ain’t he ?

Just watched a report from Rob Dorsett on Sky Sports website.  He finished by saying Rooney could be announced as a Derby City player today.  What a complete Bamford that man is.  He’s supposed to be a professional football journalist for God’s sake!

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Rooney currently on his way to Moor Farm and if things go well the deal should be wrapped up today. The MLS transfer market closes tomorrow

Terms will have already been agreed then. Just a medical and paperwork formalities it seems. 

Amazing how Derby kept this quiet almost until Rooney rolled up at Washington Dulles for the the flight. 

Talksport keep banging on about Rooney being on 80k - have thye just plucked this number out of nowhere or has this wage been reported? Was on 40k in MLS so cant imagine him being on any more than 20k over here?

The wages saved from the likes of Bryson Nugent Johnson Butterfield & Blackman will more than cover Rooney's - 4 incomings so far wont be on much surely

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Talksport keep banging on about Rooney being on 80k - have thye just plucked this number out of nowhere or has this wage been reported? Was on 40k in MLS so cant imagine him being on any more than 20k over here?

The wages saved from the likes of Bryson Nugent Johnson Butterfield & Blackman will more than cover Rooney's - 4 incomings so far wont be on much surely

I'd imagine Rooney will be on £40k a week here, perhaps more. £2m over the course of the season. 

10 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

He's on somewhere between 65-70k per week in MLS ($3.5m) but then earns around $10m a year in endorsements. 

Don't see it happening at all. But he'd be class in the Championship and class that we would welcome 

I don't think he would want an overly high wage. He would get personal sponsorship to boost his money up.Brand Rooney

Archived