Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Get your season tickets now before they are sold out!!!

Now, I’m very excited about Rooney arriving. But I’d absolutely hate it if PP started filling up all of a sudden just because people want to see Rooney. Regardless of the financial benefits it would bring.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surely he wouldn’t ditch us this late for bloody west brom? They can try and battle for him, but it seems to be Almost done for him to move here, probably just needs to sign the agreed contract. All West Brom look to have somebody is enquires about him, we’re much further along than that- and we already seem to have beaten Burnley initially. Must be said though, 100k a week is mental money and this level and pretty unprecedented- though will be converted in part by the increase in sponsors etc I’m sure. Shame we won’t have him until January but I guess there’s not much we can do about that- may need a loan in the mean time though to cover him for 6 months? Though the daily fail article seems to suggest we’re trying to get him now, and West Brom would only move for him if he’s available now- maybe that and the fact DC have another forward lined up to take his place in Sunday’s game says something?

Can't see where we have to wait until January is coming from, If the deals completed today he will be registered before the window closes. DC United have signed his replacement from the Chinese league.

59 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

This is worth it for the salty comments on twitter from seemingly exclusively Leeds and Forest fans, all other people seem to think it would be a good move if it came off.

Boro fans would be seething on Twitter, but the bloke that can read and the bloke that can type are both on holiday at the moment....

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Grass

Can't see any of his wages being exempt from FFP.

4 Directly Attributable Expenses
4.1 Directly Attributable Expenses include, but are not limited to costs of:
4.1.2 employee benefits for employees wholly involved in Youth Development Activities (other than players), including the Academy Manager and Assistant Academy manager referred to in Regulation 16.15.1(f), if their employment by the Championship Club is wholly for the Youth Development Activities

5 Excluded Items
5.1 If a Championship Club cannot separately identify expenditure on Youth Development Activities from other expenditure, then such expenditure will not be treated as expenditure on Youth Development Activities.
5.2.4 costs of employee benefits for employees only partly involved in Youth Development Activities (for example, a coach having part-time involvement in Youth Development Activities and otherwise working for the Championship Club)
5.3 In the event that EPPP allows any of the above excluded items to count towards the calculation of a Championship Club’s grant funding then, to that extent, such costs will be allowable under these Rules.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

18 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I think that is being a touch uncharitable. Just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I have low IQ. And I'm not after attention, thanks. Just expressing said opinion.

So a player that played week in week out in a team that dominated top flight football at the time, became their record goalscorer and captain, won everything there is to win in domestic and european football. Became Englands top goalscorer and captain is overrated???

Overrated??? give me a break and don't hide behind the fact it's an "opinion", you are either a troll or you know absolutely nothing about football, and that's my opinion.

do you think andy cole, Henry or yorke are all overrated too ?

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Can't see where we have to wait until January is coming from, If the deals completed today he will be registered before the window closes. DC United have signed his replacement from the Chinese league.

Pretty much every news outlet other than sky has said we’ll have to wait until January. Of course we still have time to register him now, but it’s if DC will allow it. The deal being agreed for that other striker who would be designated player does potentially hint at maybe sky being right for once though. Let’s hope so.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Now, I’m very excited about Rooney arriving. But I’d absolutely hate it if PP started filling up all of a sudden just because people want to see Rooney. Regardless of the financial benefits it would bring.

Wouldn't bother me. If they're empty seats and therefore not depriving "true Rams fans" from attending then why not take their money? You never know, we might end up converting them. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can't see any of his wages being exempt from FFP.

4 Directly Attributable Expenses
4.1 Directly Attributable Expenses include, but are not limited to costs of:
4.1.2 employee benefits for employees wholly involved in Youth Development Activities (other than players), including the Academy Manager and Assistant Academy manager referred to in Regulation 16.15.1(f), if their employment by the Championship Club is wholly for the Youth Development Activities

5 Excluded Items
5.1 If a Championship Club cannot separately identify expenditure on Youth Development Activities from other expenditure, then such expenditure will not be treated as expenditure on Youth Development Activities.
5.2.4 costs of employee benefits for employees only partly involved in Youth Development Activities (for example, a coach having part-time involvement in Youth Development Activities and otherwise working for the Championship Club)
5.3 In the event that EPPP allows any of the above excluded items to count towards the calculation of a Championship Club’s grant funding then, to that extent, such costs will be allowable under these Rules.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

Maybe he's signing as a youth coach until Jan, then a squad member from Jan onwards. We get all of the commercial benefit without any of the FFP liability for 5 months

12 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Genuine question, would Rooney be the most high profile player to ever play in the championship? 

Cant think of any others? 

Do you count loans and is it pre or post famous ? Beckham had a stint at Preston I think but that was before he got in the 1st team and met Victoria

Hoddle was at Swindon, Edgar Davids was at Palace and I seem to recall got sent off at PP when we stuffed them 5-0.

Wayne is right up there i must say!

Archived