Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

11 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I don't really understand why some people assume you're a troll just because you say something they don't like.

His domestic record is excellent and the ironic thing here is I think he could do a job for us (how much is up for debate), but the guy never turned up when it mattered for England in major tournaments. When we get a player that does how will he be described if Rooney is a legend? Master of All The Universe?

We could sign Ronaldo and you could legitimately argue he is past his best, a show pony, not a team player, an attention seeking preening poseur who never won the World Cup.  And you would still be a complete fool, picking at negatives and completely ignoring we are a Championship team which is pulling off massive exciting deals for a club our size. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I don't really understand why some people assume you're a troll just because you say something they don't like.

His domestic record is excellent and the ironic thing here is I think he could do a job for us (how much is up for debate), but the guy never turned up when it mattered for England in major tournaments. When we get a player that does how will he be described if Rooney is a legend? Master of All The Universe?

Its not what you are saying. It is the way you are saying it that makes you out to be a troll - trying to belittle everyone else, because you think your opinion is more important than any other persons.

And there can be more than one legend - just because Rooney is considered to be a legend by some does not preclude anybody else from achieving the same epithet.

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If Coleen wants out and is “desperate” come home, she wouldn’t want to wait until January to do so. 

Plus, if Rooney was only signing today and then heading back to DC to finish the season, he wouldn’t have bought Coleen and the kids on the flight over with him!

Well she was at Alton Towers the other day according to her social media. So she didn't come with him.

25 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

He did score 7 goals across the tournaments he did play in.  6 in Euros, 1 in World Cups.  Not exactly piss poor is it...

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Ah, the Messi conundrum. Player has to score at a major international to be any good. (I know, do not feed the troll.)

Yep, Messi should be player of the year most seasons - the guy is actually underappreciated by some. Easily the best player of the modern era.

Anyway, Rooney, not bad either, the best English talent of his era

I think he will sign and be registered in this window. However,i do think he will want to go back and say goodbye to DC fans who have really taken him to heart,Always watch the MLS matches at the weekend when they are on Sky and DC fans love him,needs to get personal things sorted out in the US,Get settled back over here, wouldn't be expecting him to be a starter straightaway.

It is perfect for both parties.  Rooney gets to learn how to coach from PC, and the kids get to learn from an apex goal machine. 

Like him or loath him, in the domestic football realm he is the cream of the crop, regardless of age, experience and football intelligence he will bring is worth it.

Archived