Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

8 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I haven't got time to quote every fanboy who's replied to me, so I'll just say that my point, for those questioning it, is that Rooney was and is overrated.

One WC goal and apparently he's a Legend. What low expectations we have.

Still, go ahead and wet your girly little pants because we're signing a Man Utd legend.

giphy.gif

And I thought living in Long Eaton was depressing...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney obviously wants to break into management so being at Derby 3 - 4 seasons gets his coaching badges then takes the Old Trafford hot seat. He will be fully aware of how Lampard has got on being a novice manager for a year then going back to Chelsea. I just wonder if Sir Alex has had anything to do with it from Rooneys side. He is Rooneys biggest fan and i would imagine they still talk and Sir Alex a director of M.United. He would be welcomed back there more than FL being welcomed back to Chelsea

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Genuinely can't see it happening in January. I'm pretty sure he'll be a registered Derby play by 5pm Thursday.

It needs to be completed today due to the end of the transfer window in the USA on Wednesday or he is back on a plane tomorrow 

Just now, LazloW said:

January!?  Even though i’m a bit unsure about this, if he doesn’t come until January it will knock my duck off completely.  Such an anti-climax.

David mentioned that he's already taken himself off the DC United Designated Player list. If this is true then he'll be a Derby player by tomorrow as the MLS transfer window closes tomorrow and he wouldn't be allowed to play.

25 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Seeing as it's the Daily Fail, I'll reserve judgement.  I was hoping it wasn't going to be a (for us) a daft sum like that.  Surely he doesn't need the money...

If we aren't paying a transfer fee I don't think £100,000 is all that bad. Getting Wayne Rooney for just over £5 mill isn't all that bad. I'm sure Mel will make sure we are kept within FFP though. EDIT (or £2.5 mill if hes coming in Jan)

17 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I haven't got time to quote every fanboy who's replied to me, so I'll just say that my point, for those questioning it, is that Rooney was and is overrated.

One WC goal and apparently he's a Legend. What low expectations we have.

Still, go ahead and wet your girly little pants because we're signing a Man Utd legend.

Utter nonsense. It isn't 1 world cup goal - its the over 200 goals and over 100 assists that he has in the Premier League. Guys our expectations are apparently too low aiming for Rooney - really don't understand why Mel isn't going for Messi or Ronaldo - what the hell is he thinking.

1 minute ago, Shang said:

David mentioned that he's already taken himself off the DC United Designated Player list. If this is true then he'll be a Derby player by tomorrow as the MLS transfer window closes tomorrow and he wouldn't be allowed to play.

I didn’t, but they need to before Wednesday

Archived