Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I haven't got time to quote every fanboy who's replied to me, so I'll just say that my point, for those questioning it, is that Rooney was and is overrated.

One WC goal and apparently he's a Legend. What low expectations we have.

Still, go ahead and wet your girly little pants because we're signing a Man Utd legend.

giphy.gif

overrated??? ???

5 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

The team he scored most goals against in his career was our old friends the 6 fingered, sister shagging mutants from up the A52.?

.........and having seen their Keepers performance he will have a field day !!

Surely he wouldn’t ditch us this late for bloody west brom? They can try and battle for him, but it seems to be Almost done for him to move here, probably just needs to sign the agreed contract. All West Brom look to have somebody is enquires about him, we’re much further along than that- and we already seem to have beaten Burnley initially. Must be said though, 100k a week is mental money and this level and pretty unprecedented- though will be converted in part by the increase in sponsors etc I’m sure. Shame we won’t have him until January but I guess there’s not much we can do about that- may need a loan in the mean time though to cover him for 6 months? Though the daily fail article seems to suggest we’re trying to get him now, and West Brom would only move for him if he’s available now- maybe that and the fact DC have another forward lined up to take his place in Sunday’s game says something?

You've got to be a special kind of miserable to not be excited by this. 

Even my old man is showing signs of at least being interested ?

Wayne Rooney is 5 years younger than David Beckham was when he went to Paris St Germain who dare I say it a bigger club than us and I'm sure they were excited by that.

We might get a couple really good seasons out of Rooney as a player, certainly one!

If anyone doesn’t get genuinely excited about this then they need there head testing....Wayne Rooney is a legend and still a very good player ...will raise our profile yet further and put more bums on seats.and sell more shirts but more importantly will be a major player in this league even opposing fans will want to see him play ...great free kick taker and will help motivate the dressing room ...outstanding signing and maybe the biggest signing I can remember us making ...well done Mel ??????????

23 minutes ago, Simo said:

Can we stop replying to LittleEaton? Whether a troll or a low IQ, its only putting the thread off topic and giving him the attention he's after.

I think that is being a touch uncharitable. Just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I have low IQ. And I'm not after attention, thanks. Just expressing said opinion.

14 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

overrated??? ???

What a ducking mug lol,  Lampard and Gerrard overrated just becuase they didn't do much at world cups?  Its like saying Messi is overrated and Ronaldo is better becuase Argentina haven't won a trophy due to the bottle job Higuaín .

It makes no sense for DC United to let him to fly over mid way through a season if it wasn't happening for in this window. If it was due for January, the MLS season finishes in October, so we'd have plenty of time to talk things over with Rooney in the off-season. It's clear they're looking to terminate early and want it done ASAP as they've got someone lined up and they're keen to swap their Designated Player registration for the upcoming playoffs.

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Well yes. I think you have to score more goals in major tournaments as a striker than he did to be considered a legend.

Top scorer for England , 120 caps which is the most for an outfield player, record scorer for Man United , scored loads of unreal goals over the years and was world class at his peak around 2006-2011, Lampard and Gerrard are legends and they did n't do much at tournaments just becuase we were an awful team due to how we were set up by clueless managers using 442 when we couldn't use it with  the players we had.

4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Well yes. I think you have to score more goals in major tournaments as a striker than he did to be considered a legend.

You can argue anything if you want. Giggs? Salah?

Podolski scored for fun for Germany but was a flop at Arsenal. So what?

Top goalscorer for England of all-time and lead the line for United in 5 Premier League winning seasons. Stop being daft man. 

He is a legend. 

I am prepared for people to debate/ argue he may be past it, but saying how many goals he scored in a world cup tournaments is irrelevant.

Anyway.... looks like it is happening so enjoy it!!

Archived