Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

1 minute ago, MarchesRam said:

I know its a bit weird to have the name of someone who is younger than you on the back of a football shirt... but will I get special dispensation for Rooney who is only 14 days younger than me?

I have Mount, Wilson and Cole from last season, already bought the home and third this season but you can be sure I will be the first on the megastore website to order a Rooney shirt once he and his number has been announced 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

We could sign Ronaldo and you could legitimately argue he is past his best, a show pony, not a team player, an attention seeking preening poseur who never won the World Cup.  And you would still be a complete fool, picking at negatives and completely ignoring we are a Championship team which is pulling off massive exciting deals for a club our size. 

i want the best players at Derby, but that one would be hard to swallow.  i know it's wrong, i know it doesn't make sense, i know it's stupid and petty but i would positively throw up in disgust if Ronaldo signed for us.  Can't stand the man.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

If we aren't paying a transfer fee I don't think £100,000 is all that bad. Getting Wayne Rooney for just over £5 mill isn't all that bad. I'm sure Mel will make sure we are kept within FFP though. EDIT (or £2.5 mill if hes coming in Jan)

Utter nonsense. It isn't 1 world cup goal - its the over 200 goals and over 100 assists that he has in the Premier League. Guys our expectations are apparently too low aiming for Rooney - really don't understand why Mel isn't going for Messi or Ronaldo - what the hell is he thinking.

You think he's actually done any thinking? ?

In all seriousness, while it would be great to see Wayne Rooney on the team sheet on Saturday (because we all can't cope with deferred gratification any more), does anyone else think that a January start wouldn't be a bad thing in the long run? The MLS season started at the beginning of March and playing through to next May without a break is a hell of stint for anyone - let alone a 33/34 year old.

Finish the campaign with Washington, have six weeks off for some R&R, report to Moor Farm December 1st, champing at the bit by January 1st.

Simples!

3 minutes ago, David said:

I have Mount, Wilson and Cole from last season, already bought the home and third this season but you can be sure I will be the first on the megastore website to order a Rooney shirt once he and his number has been announced 

Snap, not had a name on my shirt since 2008, I think it might have been Savage (I know). 

Late twenties and I'm still keen as anything to get the new home shirt with Rooney on the back, Mel's going to make bank with this signing.

3 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

In all seriousness, while it would be great to see Wayne Rooney on the team sheet on Saturday (because we all can't cope with deferred gratification any more), does anyone else think that a January start wouldn't be a bad thing in the long run? The MLS season started at the beginning of March and playing through to next May without a break is a hell of stint for anyone - let alone a 33/34 year old.

Finish the campaign with Washington, have six weeks off for some R&R, report to Moor Farm December 1st, champing at the bit by January 1st.

Simples!

You are Theresa May, and I claim my five pounds.

8 minutes ago, DeMontfortRam said:

Snap, not had a name on my shirt since 2008, I think it might have been Savage (I know). 

Late twenties and I'm still keen as anything to get the new home shirt with Rooney on the back, Mel's going to make bank with this signing.

I haven't had a name on the back of a shirt since the purple away kit, i went for Byson i think.

Nightmare - My mate got a shirt with Oakley on the back for his birthday, his birthday was unfortunately the same day that Derby decided to sell him. ?

16 minutes ago, MarchesRam said:

I know its a bit weird to have the name of someone who is younger than you on the back of a football shirt... but will I get special dispensation for Rooney who is only 14 days younger than me?

Yes. Yes you do??

Archived