Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Hes still young and with the crazy market prices nowadays he must be worth 5/6 million surely 

And called up for England just last month too. 

But, I think 5 to 6 mil is a bit too high. Going rate for a defender with a good record in Scotland is prob about 3.5m.

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

And called up for England just last month too. 

But, I think 5 to 6 mil is a bit too high. Going rate for a defender with a good record in Scotland is prob about 3.5m.

Yeah maybe 5/6 is wishful thinking but when that Bristol lad is supposedly worth 25 then maybe 3.5m would be a steal for Lowe

12 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

If Championship defenders can be worth 25 million, 5 to 6 mill is a bit too low. Looking more at 10 million for me, just because that's the market these days.

Really hoping we don't sell, not yet anyway. All he needs is half a good season at Champ level and he'll be worth £6m+. Can't imagine the bid is a good one from a team like Preston, no disrespect. Need him challenging Malone this season. Can't rely on Forsyth being cover. 

10 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Ah my bad.  Still can't see it, I've got Max Lowe to establish himself as our number one left back by the end of the season.  Preston can't afford him.

I think Bris is Tom Thorogood (sic), and I agree on Lowe, everything is set from him to push Malone hard for the shirt this season.

It’s true we’re overstocked at left back by one player I’d say, so It’d certainly make sense for us to get shot of one. Was personally expecting lowe to go out on loan again to sort that situation but maybe this changes things. If we’re selling, I’d much rather sell Forsyth than Lowe given he seems to struggle to ever be fit. (Mind lowe has had his own injury troubles in the past). Lowe impressed in the SPL last year, and it would be foolish imo to sell him after that. Deserves a chance in our first team squad now imo at the very least. Would be stupid to sell him at his age, especially not to another championship club where he could do us damage. 

No to his sale from me, turn Preston down imo. See what happens next week I guess.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s true we’re overstocked at left back by one player I’d say, so It’d certainly make sense for us to get shot of one. Was personally expecting lowe to go out on loan again to sort that situation but maybe this changes things. If we’re selling, I’d much rather sell Forsyth than Lowe given he seems to struggle to ever be fit. (Mind lowe has had his own injury troubles in the past). Lowe impressed in the SPL last year, and it would be foolish imo to sell him after that. Deserves a chance in our first team squad now imo at the very least. Would be stupid to sell him at his age, especially not to another championship club where he could do us damage. 

No to his sale from me.

Lowe has had a chance to impress a few managers now and none of them have been convinced enough by him to be a regular starter whereas someone like Bogle has come in and taken his chance. For Cocu to consider selling Lowe he must be another not to have been convinced by Lowe, plus we have Macdonald coming through 

38 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Hes still young and with the crazy market prices nowadays he must be worth 5/6 million surely 

38 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

5/6 mill.......just under a million, sounds about right. For a minute I thought you were talking 6 million for Lowe ?

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If Championship defenders can be worth 25 million, 5 to 6 mill is a bit too low. Looking more at 10 million for me, just because that's the market these days.

The thing is, he's not a Championship defender (yet), and extrapolating that young Championship full backs are worth 10m is too simplistic. 

Look at Jay Dasilva for example. Brizzle signed him for around 4.5m. He is a year younger than Lowe, played about 80 leagues games and 28 of those in the Championship. And has about 60 England youth caps too.

Is Lowe worth more than DaSilva?  Can't see how you can argue that.

Archived