Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think it's a fair comparison. I'll give it to you that Kelly is the more versatile player, making him a touch more valuable, however I personally think Lowe is the better footballer. It was to give a benchmark for the sort of price Championship players go for. Not going into the SPL vs the Championship argument, but the top few in the SPL are better than top Championship clubs for me. Take into account if it's a rival like Preston bidding, we should be asking for more, as I'm not sure why we would want to strengthen our rivals with, in my opinion, our best left back.

I’m not sure about that bolded bit, bar Celtic and possibly Rangers.

I don’t have a problem with us demanding that much, I just don’t think he’s worth that much. You can compare him to Kelly, but you can also compare him to DaSilva, who has now had multiple good seasons in the EFL. Lowe has that good spell under Mac2 and a decent time in Scotland, but he got absolutely murdered twice against Leeds last year, plus a below average performance at Reading.

I do think he can make it here but I highly doubt anyone would pay any more than £3 mill, at the absolute max.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Dont get what Lowe has done to deserve to start over Malone. Last summer he had a better preseason than he has this summer then he played poorly in the league games he playes. Yes one was Leeds away but it was against a young lad who was making his debut, you would hope Lowe could have done a better job if he wants to be a regular starter for us.

Malone comes across gangly, lanky and clumsy but is actually better than he is given credit for. He is always bombing forward and being an option as well as actually putting in a decent ball. Malone tends to get caught out of position alot but thats normally because he is attacking. Maybe Rosenior cant sort that side of his game out then that will make Malone a very good LB at this level

Malone is underrated, and I'm not saying Lowe should start over him.  But quite a few teams struggled against Leeds pre-Spygate.  I have no doubt however that Lowe is a player.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not sure about that bolded bit, bar Celtic and possibly Rangers.

I don’t have a problem with us demanding that much, I just don’t think he’s worth that much. You can compare him to Kelly, but you can also compare him to DaSilva, who has now had multiple good seasons in the EFL. Lowe has that good spell under Mac2 and a decent time in Scotland, but he got absolutely murdered twice against Leeds last year, plus a below average performance at Reading.

I do think he can make it here but I highly doubt anyone would pay any more than £3 mill, at the absolute max.

Genuinely don't understand how DaSilva was sold for so little, was there a clause in the loan? There are bigger clubs than us sniffing around Lowe, if Celtic truly are interested, and for me, if he's good enough for Celtic or other clubs in our league, then he's good enough for us. The thing is, he's a young player, they make mistakes. If you can name a single player that looked good in either of those Leeds games, I'd be interested. Not many players looked good against Reading either. I think 3 million for a good young left back who's represented England at youth level and is rated highly in Scotland is far too little. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Genuinely don't understand how DaSilva was sold for so little, was there a clause in the loan? There are bigger clubs than us sniffing around Lowe, if Celtic truly are interested, and for me, if he's good enough for Celtic or other clubs in our league, then he's good enough for us. The thing is, he's a young player, they make mistakes. If you can name a single player that looked good in either of those Leeds games, I'd be interested. Not many players looked good against Reading either. I think 3 million for a good young left back who's represented England at youth level and is rated highly in Scotland is far too little. 

Duane Holmes at Elland Road. That’s about it tbf.

I’m not ruling Lowe out at all, I just disagree with you over the price. I’m not sure about the details of the Da Silva deal.

Lowe looked a completely different player in pre season to the one who left to go to Aberdeen a year ago - a really well rounded left back. 

Was he also the player of the season at Aberdeen in his first full season, and at a top level scottish club  ?  Sounds a pretty good recommendation to me. 

We hope that Forsyth can come back yet again to compete for the position but noone can rely on that. 

So whatever preston have bid ( and we know from their history that it wont be a lot) surely it would be very strange to sell at this point.

Unless we have a desperate need for cash. The last couple of days suggests that is not the case. 

Personally would much rather see us move on Forsyth than Lowe. Max has a lot of potential whereas Forsyth isn't going to improve at his age (bit harsh I know) and has had a lot of injuries.

Always found CF to be a player who seemed to go up in everyone's estimations the longer he was out injured...

This is a really tough one. I’d love him to step up and remain constant and become our number 1 left back. The problem is we do need at some point to start making the academy work. If we only sell or release those regarded as not good enough for peanuts or free, it’s a poor business model. I’m not saying sell him, but if an offer came in that met or surpassed our valuation then we have to let him go.

Decisions like that will allow us to fend off the big boys for our prized assets, Sibley and knight to name 2. 

This would be a bad move for me. There’s a good left back in there just needs regular game time. Malone and Lowe fighting it out for the left back spot will drive both on. Fozzy is 30 and coming back from his 3rd serious knee injury, we don’t know when he’s going to be fit and therefore we’d have no decent alternative to Malone unless Cocu thinks McDonald can make the step up? 

If I was to move anyone on it would be Foz (sad as I thought he was back to his best before injury last season). Lowe is the future 

Archived