Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

51 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

I've always rated Max Lowe, and even though he's taking longer to break into the first team than Bogle he can reach the same standard given time.  We're very fortunate to have an Academy that can spot, sign and develop players of this calibre.  If we can hang onto Bogle, and if Max Lowe fulfils his potential, then we'll have two home grown wide defenders that cost nothing in transfer fees.  And with the recent success of the U18s there are more to come it seems.  To me there's always something special about seeing a home grown player succeed, even in this day and age, and it should make us very proud that we have Hudds, Bogle, Max Lowe and Mason Bennett all in first team contention, well done to all at the Academy!

We shouldn’t sell him unless we have to. 

Bit of a random thought, but maybe he is the winger we’ve been missing ? 

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jono said:

We shouldn’t sell him unless we have to. 

Bit of a random thought, but maybe he is the winger we’ve been missing ? 

You're right, that is random. Maybe Keogh is the defensive midfielder we've been missing.

Forsyth out of contract at the end of the year and has had injuries, so we're not going to get good money for him. Perfectly acceptable reserve, however, to Malone who, for his faults, is our best left back. 

Fozzy will therefore leave with our good wishes at the end of the season probably, leaving us with Malone, Lowe, and Macdonald. Malone has a few years left in him, so if Cocu thinks Macdonald is a better (long term) prospect than Lowe, then it makes sense to let Lowe go *if the price is right*. With Celtic (possibly) and Preston sniffing, and him having had a good season last year, then his stock is not likely to get any higher without more game time, which he won't get here.

I'd prefer him to go north, as I think 1. Celtic will pay more and 2. He won't play against us.

All of the above frees Macdonald to go out on loan (perhaps League 1, if he's ready? If not, to League 2, with League 1 the plan for next season depending on his progression.

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always find it strange that Thorne is classed as more injury prone than Forsyth- we hardly seen him at all for nearly 2 and a half years

The difference is in the recovery.

When Forsyth has been coming back from his ACL injuries it's appeared to be a relatively straightforward process - he has his operation, completes his rehab, resumes full training and is ready for action.

There haven't been endless associated niggles & secondary injuries keeping him out for 2 or 3 weeks here and there, after both previous injuries he's forced his way back into the team and after a few games looked pretty much the same player as he did before he got injured.

With Thorne on the other hand, nothing is ever quite so simple. If something bad can happen to him, it will happen to him. If there are setbacks to be had, he'll have them. How many other footballers do you know who've picked up an infection following an operation to fix a broken leg?

Whether Forsyth can really come back a third time I'm not so sure. He's shown amazing mental strength to even attempt it, but I don't see how you can ever really be confident after the agony of 3 ACL injuries that the 4th isn't just around the corner. I guess that's one of the many reasons why he's a professional sportsman and I'm not though!

22 minutes ago, northender said:

Looks like we've sanctioned the deal for our young LB Earl to leave on loan, so this may well be close to happening.

If it is I hope you are not expecting a fullback who can defend looked decent when he broke into our team and crosses a nice ball but needs too improve considerably defensively.

Did well at Aberdeen but I could do well in that League and my positional sense is better than Max's.

If he kicks on he can be a decent fullback has alot to learn I hope he does but now maybe the right time to move on because here his chances are limited.

Why are we talking about Shinnie covering left back when Lowe played that role in the same team last season and got player of the season?  This makes zero sense to me. Lowe hardly had a run of games here to show his qualities. I cant believe some of our fans would rather sell Lowe and have Shinnie as back up.

Fozzy is also not the future, I would love to see him come back, but how have his injuries affected him, same boat as Thorne for me. 

Surely we keep Lowe and let him battle with Malone. 

Right wing and right back are far more pressing.

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

The difference is in the recovery.

When Forsyth has been coming back from his ACL injuries it's appeared to be a relatively straightforward process - he has his operation, completes his rehab, resumes full training and is ready for action.

There haven't been endless associated niggles & secondary injuries keeping him out for 2 or 3 weeks here and there, after both previous injuries he's forced his way back into the team and after a few games looked pretty much the same player as he did before he got injured.

With Thorne on the other hand, nothing is ever quite so simple. If something bad can happen to him, it will happen to him. If there are setbacks to be had, he'll have them. How many other footballers do you know who've picked up an infection following an operation to fix a broken leg?

Whether Forsyth can really come back a third time I'm not so sure. He's shown amazing mental strength to even attempt it, but I don't see how you can ever really be confident after the agony of 3 ACL injuries that the 4th isn't just around the corner. I guess that's one of the many reasons why he's a professional sportsman and I'm not though!

Can't think of any players that have had three ACL tears. Hope he can get back to somewhere near full fitness and form as he's been very unlucky!

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Why are we talking about Shinnie covering left back when Lowe played that role in the same team last season and got player of the season?  This makes zero sense to me. Lowe hardly had a run of games here to show his qualities. I cant believe some of our fans would rather sell Lowe and have Shinnie as back up.

Because there's a rumour of Lowe going to Preston...

If the manager only sees him as backup and we can get a decent fee for him then we have enough cover to let him go - I think is the point

I would not be surprised if Lowe has suggested he needs to be first choice somewhere. His good season last season has probably earned him that right. 

I’m not convinced that he’s our best left back. Just my opinion, man. 

26 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I would not be surprised if Lowe has suggested he needs to be first choice somewhere. His good season last season has probably earned him that right. 

I’m not convinced that he’s our best left back. Just my opinion, man. 

Agreed - I'd still have Malone ahead of Lowe or Fozzy

Keep Lowe give him until January to prove himself if he doesn't sell him on. However there is a risk he might go down in value or get injured. I think he looks quality and a proper athlete in preseason games over the past 2 seasons but when he had championship chances last season he didn't take them. 

I think he needs a run of games through until the first international break sink or swim time for him imo

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh, but we're shorter at CM than we are at LB these days! ?

Centre back we have Keogh, Clarke, Evans, Davies plus Bielik, Wisdom, Forsyth and Huddz can (and have) all played there in their time

Archived