LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Derby vs Leicester a few seasons ago were both lambasted by the BBC, and the other press, for not showing respect to the competition for playing weakened sides

For Liverpool today, ‘bit of a mismatched side today 

Although to be fair, Liverpool's poo side are vastly superior to Shrewsbury.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would imagine it’s the number of games plus the Euro’s this summer, doesn’t want to run them into the ground. 

I know there is a belief that players can play twice a week and still hold down a full time job as they get paid X amount, yet managers think differently and try to protect their assets ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, David said:

Would imagine it’s the number of games plus the Euro’s this summer, doesn’t want to run them into the ground. 

I know there is a belief that players can play twice a week and still hold down a full time job as they get paid X amount, yet managers think differently and try to protect their assets ??‍♂️

So why isn’t he resting his assets when they are playing dead rubber games like Norwich, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Southampton, Watford, Villa, Palace etc etc (wow there are some poop teams up there in the best league in the world)....? His best players should only be playing the FA cup and the champions league now. 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

So why isn’t he resting his assets when they are playing dead rubber games like Norwich, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Southampton, Watford, Villa, Palace etc etc (wow there are some poop teams up there in the best league in the world)....? His best players should only be playing the FA cup and the champions league now. 

He must have one eye on an invincible season by now.

so the debate is, would you take an invincible, record breaking points haul premier league winning season, over a quadruple (I know they can’t get a quadruple now, cos they essentially gave up on the league cup). 

I’d say the former. The chance to get an invincible season comes around once a generation. They can have another crack at the FA cup next year. 

For a team like us, a decent FA cup run could be a once in a blue moon thing, but I don’t think Liverpool would have any issues to give it a real go next season, if they wanted to. 

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

He must have one eye on an invincible season by now.

so the debate is, would you take an invincible, record breaking points haul premier league winning season, over a quadruple (I know they can’t get a quadruple now, cos they essentially gave up on the league cup). 

I’d say the former. The chance to get an invincible season comes around once a generation. They can have another crack at the FA cup next year. 

For a team like us, a decent FA cup run could be a once in a blue moon thing, but I don’t think Liverpool would have any issues to give it a real go next season, if they wanted to. 

I would rather win the FA Cup than beat Bournemouth just to go unbeaten all season...! 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I would rather win the FA Cup than beat Bournemouth just to go unbeaten all season...! 

Really??  I struggle to remember who won the FA cup 5 years ago, yet everyone remembers Arsenal's Invincibles.  Taking your LFC haters hat off you'd recognise what an achievement it is.  If Cit-eh had the exact same record & results this season you'd be applauding them...

Isn’t the only reason Klopp is complaining because he hasn’t managed his squad depth or the youth players that well?

Either way this shouldn’t be about Liverpool but about the lack of respect Klopp has shown Shrewsbury in his comments. Smaller clubs need all the help they can get from the top and this is not it.

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Nothing wrong with what Klopp's doing. he's honoring the fact that his players deserve a break? Can't see ANY problem with that at all.

Fair enough (to some degree) about the players. But Klopp himself is refusing to attend the game, sending the U23 manger in his place.

The Premier League clubs were supposed to have a 2 week winter break. Some teams such as Liverpool were scheduled to play on the 1st Feb and then not again until the 15th. Whereas Man City would play on the 9th and rest until the 22nd.

Liverpool's cup replay reduces their 13 days off to 10 days off. Not too much of an issue, but it's still short of what the Premier League says they should have. What I'm surprised about, is that Liverpool's Premier League fixture on the 15th can't be pulled forward to maintain a 2 week break.

Newcastle (11 days rest), Southampton (9 days) and Spurs (10 days) are the other Premier League clubs affected.

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fair enough (to some degree) about the players. But Klopp himself is refusing to attend the game, sending the U23 manger in his place.

The Premier League clubs were supposed to have a 2 week winter break. Some teams such as Liverpool were scheduled to play on the 1st Feb and then not again until the 15th. Whereas Man City would play on the 9th and rest until the 22nd.

Liverpool's cup replay reduces their 13 days off to 10 days off. Not too much of an issue, but it's still short of what the Premier League says they should have. What I'm surprised about, is that Liverpool's Premier League fixture on the 15th can't be pulled forward to maintain a 2 week break.

Newcastle (11 days rest), Southampton (9 days) and Spurs (10 days) are the other Premier League clubs affected.

Lets face it, relying on the Premier League & EFL to agree on anything for the good of the game is a fool's errand.  

Personally I'd bar PL teams from entering the league cup, and scrap the Check-a-Trade (whatever it is right now) completely.  

I would also bring the FA Cup 3rd round forward to the weekend before Christmas, and have a blanket winter break the 14 days after the new year.  No football of any kind League 2 upwards

Scrap replays but to keep the smaller clubs benefiting from a lucrative tie, give them the choice of venue, and give them a 70-30 split of the gate receipts.  Any teams from the same division drawn against each other would split the gate 50-50. 

No more Friday/Saturday night kick offs, including the final.  Televised games kick off at 12:30.  The final at 3pm

No more semi finals at Wembley.  Duck the debt on the stadium, it can put a couple of gigs on that weekend instead.

Archived