LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Really??  I struggle to remember who won the FA cup 5 years ago, yet everyone remembers Arsenal's Invincibles.  Taking your LFC haters hat off you'd recognise what an achievement it is.  If Cit-eh had the exact same record & results this season you'd be applauding them...

I guess it is a generational thing, I value the FA Cup way higher than a promotion or going a season without losing to Watford and Bournemouth.

and I don't know about 5 years ago but I can recall the FA Cup winners from 35 years ago, I can remember where I was when I watched the game, who with, the goal scorers etc etc.... for Arsenals "invincible" season I think I remember Henry scoring a lot of goals...that's about it..

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I guess it is a generational thing, I value the FA Cup way higher than a promotion or going a season without losing to Watford and Bournemouth.

and I don't know about 5 years ago but I can recall the FA Cup winners from 35 years ago, I can remember where I was when I watched the game, who with, the goal scorers etc etc.... for Arsenals "invincible" season I think I remember Henry scoring a lot of goals...that's about it..

Im exactly the same.

Never seen Derby play in a cup final (proper one i mean). 

Would take a cup final appearance over promotion any day.  Might be once in a lifetime, already witnessed several promotions.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Im exactly the same.

Never seen Derby play in a cup final (proper one i mean). 

Would take a cup final appearance over promotion any day.  Might be once in a lifetime, already witnessed several promotions.

That goes without saying. But if your the kind of team who could realistically get to the final or thereabouts every season, vying for champions leagues and club world cups, then being one of only 2 unbeaten teams in the premier league, and maybe getting the record points tally to boot, would surely trump an fa cup final.

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

That goes without saying. But if your the kind of team who could realistically get to the final or thereabouts every season, vying for champions leagues and club world cups, then being one of only 2 unbeaten teams in the premier league, and maybe getting the record points tally to boot, would surely trump an fa cup final.

I would rather win the FA Cup than go unbeaten in the top league that’s for sure. Especially this years league which only actually has 2 maybe 3 decent teams in It. 
(and don’t forget Preston also did it) 

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I would rather win the FA Cup than go unbeaten in the top league that’s for sure. Especially this years league which only actually has 2 maybe 3 decent teams in It. 
(and don’t forget Preston also did it) 

odd.  You value going 6 ? games unbeaten in the cup more to going 38 games in the league.  Kloppity would be fool to risk the league for any reason whatsoever.  The risk reward does not shape up.  The biggest chance that the rest have is if he takes his eye off the league.  Personally, I think they will smash it any way but I can see why he is doing what he is.

Ha ha. Yeah i want them to win It all...except the FA Cup, because we are going to win that..!

what I do want Is the title race to be done by mid March so they trundle along time the end of the season and It is a massive ant climax..well It is already, they have had It won since before Christmas....bore fest. 

19 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

You must have selective memory. You can remember an FA Cup final of zero significance but refuse to believe people have heard of a first choice keeper at a fellow Championship side ?

I'd bet a large portion of people can barely remember who won the FA Cup last season, yet almost everyone remembers Arsenal's 'Invincibles'. Liverpool being 'Invincibles', winning the title on the most points, and beating the Arsenal's unbeaten run of 49 all in the same season? That would top an 8th FA Cup win.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Ha ha. Yeah i want them to win It all...except the FA Cup, because we are going to win that..!

what I do want Is the title race to be done by mid March so they trundle along time the end of the season and It is a massive ant climax..well It is already, they have had It won since before Christmas....bore fest. 

Hardly Liverpool's fault that the rest of the top 6 have all been mediocre is it...

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You must have selective memory. You can remember an FA Cup final of zero significance but refuse to believe people have heard of a first choice keeper at a fellow Championship side ?

I'd bet a large portion of people can barely remember who won the FA Cup last season, yet almost everyone remembers Arsenal's 'Invincibles'. Liverpool being 'Invincibles', winning the title on the most points, and beating the Arsenal's unbeaten run of 49 all in the same season? That would top an 8th FA Cup win.

for example....

FA Cup final 1987. Coventry 3 v 2 Tottenham 

Bennett, Houchen (amazing diving header) and Mabbutt Own goal in extra time for Coventry, Allen and Mabbutt for Spurs. First time Coventry had been in the final and I believe they beat Leeds in the semi final and Spurs best Watford....watched It by the side of a pool in Majorca with my dad. 

I don’t know (or care) who plays in goal for Millwall....actually i don’t know (or care) who the goalie is for Forest..

the FA Cup will always be Millions times more special than the league, we have zero chance of winning the league...but as Coventry, Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Wigan etc have proved there is a chance we could one day win It. 
I have seen us beat every team in the top league, what’s so special about doing it all in 1 season...? 

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

for example....

FA Cup final 1987. Coventry 3 v 2 Tottenham 

Bennett, Houchen (amazing diving header) and Mabbutt Own goal in extra time for Coventry, Allen and Mabbutt for Spurs. First time Coventry had been in the final and I believe they beat Leeds in the semi final and Spurs best Watford....watched It by the side of a pool in Majorca with my dad. 

I don’t know (or care) who plays in goal for Millwall....actually i don’t know (or care) who the goalie is for Forest..

the FA Cup will always be Millions times more special than the league, we have zero chance of winning the league...but as Coventry, Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Wigan etc have proved there is a chance we could one day win It. 
I have seen us beat every team in the top league, what’s so special about doing it all in 1 season...? 

I didn't even know Coventry reached an FA Cup final and forgot all about Portsmouth and Millwall. It's special for the fans of clubs who haven't won it multiple times, not so special for Man Utd or Liverpool...

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To know that you can be “invincible” for a season and still get relegated...means nothing. 

Archived