LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

Unfortunately those tweets are fake; but I've been among fans long enough to know that it is a very fair representation of a certain % of them ? 

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

I work amongst an even proportion number of Villa, Blues and West Brom fans. It's quite entertaining after weekends like that! One guy has stopped following Villa because of their league position!

It is funny that Villa is a big name in football. I half expected them to re-enter the premier league and resume their old position similar to Everton if maybe competing for a europa league place and just a couple of decent signings away from perhaps dreaming about bothering the top 4. 

But times have changed. And now wolves occupy that position more than Everton and Villa.

They were crap for a good few seasons before they went down. They weren’t particularly good at championship level. They were promoted through the play offs, not as runaway champions. They don’t have a god given right to stay up anymore. Then going down wouldn’t be exciting as a premier league stalwart and big name finds themselves dragged into a relegation battle (always good to see), instead it’s just another boring season where the promoted clubs (or 2 out of 3) go straight back down. 

Villa are just another newly promoted club trying desperately to finish in 17th, dearly hoping there are 3 teams worse than them. 

10 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why has the goalkeeper got almost the same strip as the rest of his team?

The outfield players are wearing all pink and the keeper is wearing red shading into orange with black sleeves, shorts and socks. Don't think it is that similar. 

Must have watched Forest about 6 or 7 times this season. Not seen them play well once, but the huge difference with them is even when they’re playing rubbish they don’t tend to concede or roll over so they always have a chance. Worries me if they finish in the play offs because that’s the type of poohousery which wins at Wembley. 

Archived