LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

God, don't even joke about it ? As for the game, Citeh look like they can score at will. How can United spend so much money and still look so average? De Bruyne playing them like a fiddle so far.

United are a parody of themselves. They throw money at players for absolutely no reason other than to 'bring them inline with everyone else in the team'. 

Classic example: Dan James from Swansea - a reasonable priced signing (£14m) and then offered £67k a week when he was on at £4k at Swansea. Why? Do they really think he would say no if they, I don't know, just doubled his wage? 

Jesse Lingard is on over £100k a week, Rashford closer to £200k a week. 

I even read somewhere that Lee Grant was earning £20k a week whilst he was there, possibly the biggest contract he ever had in football at the twilight of his career with less than a handful of meaningless appearances to his name - two to be exact. 

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

United are a parody of themselves. They throw money at players for absolutely no reason other than to 'bring them inline with everyone else in the team'. 

Classic example: Dan James from Swansea - a reasonable priced signing (£14m) and then offered £67k a week when he was on at £4k at Swansea. Why? Do they really think he would say no if they, I don't know, just doubled his wage? 

Jesse Lingard is on over £100k a week, Rashford closer to £200k a week. 

I even read somewhere that Lee Grant was earning £20k a week whilst he was there, possibly the biggest contract he ever had in football at the twilight of his career with less than a handful of meaningless appearances to his name - two to be exact. 

Think of the actual fees though... Fred, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof etc. They're paying way over the odds for average talent with the mentality that they're 1 signing away from properly competing when in reality... they're absolutely miles away. Bonkers transfer policy.

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

There's absolutely no way James' agent would let his £14 million client accept 8k per week at Man United. That's a quarter of the amount Ikechi Anya earns.

12 hours ago, Srg said:

Think of the actual fees though... Fred, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof etc. They're paying way over the odds for average talent with the mentality that they're 1 signing away from properly competing when in reality... they're absolutely miles away. Bonkers transfer policy.

Fees are governed to a point by the selling club, unless you get a dodgy deal it seems that ALL players are overpriced at the top level now. Although, I guess that's because we as the 'common man' needs to calibrate his view on what's overpaying: I remember when £1m was a big signing and £30k a week was mega money. We've now got multiple players on closer to £300-400k a week and any player deemed capable of playing in the Premier League and is proven to do so is valued at nothing less than £30m. It just seems bonkers. 

11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's absolutely no way James' agent would let his £14 million client accept 8k per week at Man United. That's a quarter of the amount Ikechi Anya earns.

You're absolutely right. I was being facetious, but absolutely no chance did United have to give him sixteen times the money - he could've been given £25-30k and been over the moon. He wouldn't have been on anything near that if he had gone to Leeds last January.  

On 07/01/2020 at 21:31, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Citeh taking the piss and are made to pay for it. Could be close to double figures but only two ahead now. Great finish that from Rashford.

I was at work so missed Utd goal. At 1-3 it’s not quite over I’d say, though City would have to go on the ale the night before to duck this up beer drinking GIF by lilcozynostril

Blades 1 up against the Irons (Tevez o.g. - only kidding).

Do wonder if there are any stats re goals conceded through keepers playing out from the back compared with actual goals scored where the move was started directly by the keeper.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's not the decision that's pathetic. It's the crappy interpretation of handball that's the problem.

As it was in the World Cup

How anyone watched some of the decisions made at that tournament and said "Yep, that looks fair and correct to me, let's not change anything before rolling it out elsewhere" is baffling.

I cant see a problem with that decision, it its not handled he doesnt control it, it goes past him and he doesnt get the break.

Moyes can moan, but if the other way round he would be fuming if it was allowed.

Some of them where there has been no clear advantage from it glancing off the arm i get, but this he clearly gains an advantage from handling the ball.

Archived