LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

15 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

City 2-1 ahead after trailing. Best bit is Ramos red-carded for the 26th time in his Real Madrid career - TWENTY BLOODY SIX!!!

Then consider all the blatant reds he's got away with over the years because UEFA love Real Madrid.  He could easily have 10-15 more.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thank goodness for that.

Them winning the league is going to be unbearable as it is.

To be honest I don’t mind it too much, compared to all the plastic city fans celebrating. It is quite funny mind that they’ve been arguably the best team to ever play in the league, and they’ve managed to duck up their unbeaten record to Watford of all teams?

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be honest I don’t mind it too much, compared to all the plastic city fans celebrating. It is quite funny mind that they’ve been arguably the best team to ever play in the league, and they’ve managed to duck up their unbeaten record to Watford of all teams?

Not a patch on the Arsenal invincibles, the United treble winning team or the Liverpool team of the 80s.

I daresay if it wasnt for VAR they would probably be 10 points worse off this season.

As for City plastic fans, at least most of their fans are actually from Manchester. Most Liverpool 'fans' that I know and see bragging on social media couldn't even find Anfield on a map!

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not a patch on the Arsenal invincibles, the United treble winning team or the Liverpool team of the 80s.

I daresay if it wasnt for VAR they would probably be 10 points worse off this season.

As for City plastic fans, at least most of their fans are actually from Manchester. Most Liverpool 'fans' that I know and see bragging on social media couldn't even find Anfield on a map!

I’m not so sure... They’ve won all but 2 games. I don’t think VAR has had a great net effect from what I’ve seen either, despite popular opinion. 

I guess you’re right on your latter point... it’s the same at pretty much all big clubs. Few proper fans at that level now. Like a different game really compared to our level and the lower prem.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not so sure... They’ve won all but 2 games. I don’t think VAR has had a great net effect from what I’ve seen either, despite popular opinion. 

I guess you’re right on your latter point... it’s the same at pretty much all big clubs. Few proper fans at that level now. Like a different game really compared to our level and the lower prem.

Without VAR they would have been 12 points worse off this season. 
liVARpool. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Without VAR correcting incorrect decisions by referees you mean?

Without VAR correcting dubious calls from referees and not correcting other dubious calls from referees.... It doesn’t get everything right you know..! 
hashtag tainted title. Ha ha 

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Without VAR correcting dubious calls from referees and not correcting other dubious calls from referees.... It doesn’t get everything right you know..! 
hashtag tainted title. Ha ha 

It's not really tainted because even without them 12 points they would still be romping it.

Just think they are massively over hyped.

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The penalty not given against Liverpool in their match against Man City was a very big moment at that point of the season.

A decision that VAR got wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, they haven’t got every decision right. But VAR or no VAR, they win the title at a canter. Simple as, City haven’t been good enough with Laporte. With him it would probably have been closer.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You think all 12 of those points were underserved? And how many points has it taken away from them?

To be fair, they’ve only dropped 5 points all season. So even if var cost them all 5 of those points, which it didn’t, the maximum answer to that question is 5. Which is still a 7 point deficit. 

Only being devils advocate though, I don’t buy into any conspiracy theories. VAR works the same for every one. 

57 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

To be fair, they’ve only dropped 5 points all season. So even if var cost them all 5 of those points, which it didn’t, the maximum answer to that question is 5. Which is still a 7 point deficit. 

Only being devils advocate though, I don’t buy into any conspiracy theories. VAR works the same for every one. 

True. But to be honest I’ve no idea where the 12 points is coming from... From what I can see from a google search, they’ve had a net +1 positive VAR decisions overturned in their favour rather than against them. Whether VAR decisions have cost a team points is subjective as you can’t really know for sure how the game would have gone without them. To say it’s gained them 12 points is an absolute nonsense. They’ve been easily the best side in the league, there’s nothing “tainted” about the title.

Archived