LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

On 25/10/2019 at 22:03, BondJovi said:

Even as bad as we were in that season... 

apparently we scored as many away goals last Friday night as you did the whole of that season, in all seriousness our relegation to League one was painful but we had hope in games I cannot imagine who awful that season was to watch first hand

On 26/10/2019 at 11:34, Paul71 said:

in fairness they havent really spent massive though.

they spend heavily on infrastructure, the new training ground being built is a testament to that, stadium will expanded at somepoint

On 26/10/2019 at 15:15, Ambitious said:

The difference between Derby and Leicester fundamentally is the scouting system. They sign good players, they've not restricted themselves, and they've done their homework. This goes back to when they were in the Championship, they spent but spent well. 

They signed Kante, we signed Bradley Johnson - I imagine for more money and on more money. They don't miss a step in that regard. Harvey Barnes is everything Lingard thinks he is, despite the latter earning 13x the amount a week. 

we scout players for around 2 years before signing them, obviously there will be exceptions .

The summer after the title win was a total disaster though.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/10/2019 at 11:22, TigerTedd said:

Unfortunately for them, when they won it was a perfect storm of everyone else being crap, they could be twice as good as they were that season, and the best they could hope for would be third (course that’s what everyone was saying that season too). 

Still, I wouldn’t put it past them to break into the top 4. And with most of the ‘big 6’ in some sort of transition or turmoil, it could be their opportunity to actually get there and settle in there for a few seasons. 

I think they could end up runners up this year

Archived