LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

47 minutes ago, ramit said:

Sorry about the England result.  From a neutral perspective, my opinion, stop messing around and get Eddie Howe on the job.

i did better than having actually a word with Birkir.  While the national anthem was playing the camera zoomed in on every player's face, one after the other of course, you know to show which one's were singing our impossibly difficult anthem and so when the camera stopped on Birkir who was not singing but apparently deep in thought looking straight at the camera i sent him a (mental) message that went something like this.  Show your stuff, have a good game and come to Derby, you know you want it and i am telling you, he gave a little nod.  i am not making this up, well sort of but i did and he did and he's coming and that's that.

You may thank me when this Nordic god becomes a Ram

BTW my mother who is 82 and knows nothing about football watched the game and confided in me in a phone call after the match that she has a favorite player in the team, Bjarki Bjarnason or something like that, but that he is cute and that she likes how he moves hehe

Now if you'd got him to be mouthing the word's to "Steve bloomers watching" I would be on board....?

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Iceland VS Andorra.  Half time 1-0 for Iceland.  Andorra won their last match against Moldova.  They play a very physical game and have a few nasty dishonest players in their ranks.  That worked against Moldova, who got irritated and committed a red card offense, giving Andorra a chance which they took.  Hungarian ref has allowed lots of physicality so far and no yellows have appeared. 

For some bizarre reason the Iceland manager Erik Hamrén decided to field Birkir Bjarnason as a defensive midfielder right center with Gylfi on the left.  Most of the game has passed by Birkir and Gylfi likes being on the right, so his game has been frustrating so far.  They decided to change position midway through the half, Birkir moving further forward but shouts from Hamrén ordered them back to the nonsense.  What a clown that guy is.  There is no need to play a defensive midfielder against Andorra in the first place.

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Is the Iceland manager still a Swedish bloke Ramit?

Yeah, but another one.  The first being Lars Lagerback, a wily old fox who knew how to play Iceland to it's strength, unlike this idiot we have now. 

FT Iceland 2 Andorra 0  Goals, Arnór Sigurðsson CSKA Moscow a 20 year old talented left winger central attacking midfielder, one to watch for sure

Second goal Kolbeinn Sigurðsson MOM, who English fans do not need reminding of.  Been injured for a very long time, but back to his awesome best.  A player i would have loved us to sign, a physical monster, technically proficient and a natural goal scorer with head or feet.  Plays currently for AIK Sweden.

Birkir Bjarnason had a much better second half, as he ignored our idiot coach and played more centrally and forward, giving Gylfi space to do his thing.  Got rewarded by the clown by being substituted on 69 minutes.  Come to Derby Birkir, Cocu will use you properly.

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If anyone needed any more reason to hate Colin, then watch Cardiff’s equaliser tonight. If that isn’t blatant, organised cheating then I don’t know what is.

Yep. Just seen it. That’s pretty horrific bending of the rules to breaking point. 

‘but he’s not interfering with play’

so what the duck is he doing dancing in front of the keeper if not to have some sort of effect. If it’s not going to have an effect, and therefore interfere, why do it. 

‘he’s not in the wall’

No, but he’s just behind it jumping round like a twit, which surely falls under the remit of why that rule was created.

In an off-side position, but not affecting the flight of the ball.  That is "almost" understandable. 
The ref, however, should have had the balls to bring in a "charge" of ungentlemanly conduct.  I've no idea whether that would lead to a booking (but the goal stands) or whether it's a free kick (to Wednesday) and goal disallowed?  I don't know how it works with ungentlemanly conduct, but surely it's akin to obstruction?  I'd like to think it would have led to the goal being disallowed, and if not, then it should!

Poor show, Cardiff.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

If anyone needed any more reason to hate Colin, then watch Cardiff’s equaliser tonight. If that isn’t blatant, organised cheating then I don’t know what is.

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Yep. Just seen it. That’s pretty horrific bending of the rules to breaking point. 

‘but he’s not interfering with play’

so what the duck is he doing dancing in front of the keeper if not to have some sort of effect. If it’s not going to have an effect, and therefore interfere, why do it. 

‘he’s not in the wall’

No, but he’s just behind it jumping round like a twit, which surely falls under the remit of why that rule was created.

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In an off-side position, but not affecting the flight of the ball.  That is "almost" understandable. 
The ref, however, should have had the balls to bring in a "charge" of ungentlemanly conduct.  I've no idea whether that would lead to a booking (but the goal stands) or whether it's a free kick (to Wednesday) and goal disallowed?  I don't know how it works with ungentlemanly conduct, but surely it's akin to obstruction?  I'd like to think it would have led to the goal being disallowed, and if not, then it should!

Poor show, Cardiff.

Get off it. It was brilliant. 

One of my American friends who I persuaded/tricked into becoming a Derby fan is an Atlanta fan - so I'll be watching their playoff game this evening in solidarity. 
I'm curious what it's going to be like to be honest. It's been a long time since I watched more than highlights/lowlights of the MLS

VAR Fails yet again.

No problem with Liverpool's goal being disallowed, but so should Uniteds.

And again yesterday clear penalty should have been awarded to Watford.

If you are going to introduce a video referee don't pick and choose when to use it.

Archived