LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole letting go Lukaku and Sanchez will cost him his job. Relying on Martial, a player who always picks up injuries. Rashford, a player who doesn't know if he's a striker or a wide man, and Greenwood who's 17.

Remember when Utd had Cole, Yorke, Ole and Sheringham all fighting it out for the striker positions? Jeez, the state of them upfront.

5 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Ole letting go Lukaku and Sanchez will cost him his job. Relying on Martial, a player who always picks up injuries. Rashford, a player who doesn't know if he's a striker or a wide man, and Greenwood who's 17.

Remember when Utd had Cole, Yorke, Ole and Sheringham all fighting it out for the striker positions? Jeez, the state of them upfront.

I agree they shouldn't have let Lukaku go without replacing him, but Sanchez didnt exactly do a great deal for them. The reason he is going to lose his job is because he has decided to move away from the attacking 4-3-3  formation he played when he started to more of a defensive formation that includes playing Pogba (when fit) as one of two defensive mids. If he actually uses his players effectively he'd be fine, but as it stands he is just setting his teams up like a crap version of Mourinho.

Watching Iceland VS France.  0-0 at halftime, not many goal opportunities for either side.  Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson (Burnley) pulled a thigh muscle 13 minutes into the game.  Birkir Bjarnason started in the unenviable position of replacing team captain, defensive ball winning midfielder Aron Gunnarsson.  Has done alright so far and seems to be in decent fitness, won a header from a corner that went wide.  His positioning has been good and he's showing his physical strength.  Girioud got a yellow card for chasing the referee demanding a penalty ( and it wasn't one)  Real PrimaDonna that fellow, hope he shouts **** off to the ref one more time heh.  The French players are getting frustrated by getting knocked about by the physically strong organized Iceland side.

Not a fan of Iceland coach Erik Hamren, it's a plan of organized defence and basically kick and run going forward, effective though it may be at times.

Ft Iceland 0 France 1 (penalty)  Birkir Bjarnason was very good in the second half, Iceland's best player, his passing and positioning excellent.  Looks to be in top fitness. 

France played nasty as the game went on and were time wasting the last 15 minutes while Iceland pressed hard.  i seldom complain about refs but France got every free kick they asked for and Iceland got maybe 2, out of 10 clear free kicks.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Ft Iceland 0 France 1 (penalty)  Birkir Bjarnason was very good in the second half, Iceland's best player, his passing and positioning excellent.  Looks to be in top fitness. 

France played nasty as the game went on and were time wasting the last 15 minutes while Iceland pressed hard.  i seldom complain about refs but France got every free kick they asked for and Iceland got maybe 2, out of 10 clear free kicks.

Good to see your team putting in a proper performance, not prancing slowly around passing to the opposition. Have a word in Birkir's ear for us ramit and extol the virtues of the shire of Derby.....?

37 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Good to see your team putting in a proper performance, not prancing slowly around passing to the opposition. Have a word in Birkir's ear for us ramit and extol the virtues of the shire of Derby.....?

Sorry about the England result.  From a neutral perspective, my opinion, stop messing around and get Eddie Howe on the job.

i did better than having actually a word with Birkir.  While the national anthem was playing the camera zoomed in on every player's face, one after the other of course, you know to show which one's were singing our impossibly difficult anthem and so when the camera stopped on Birkir who was not singing but apparently deep in thought looking straight at the camera i sent him a (mental) message that went something like this.  Show your stuff, have a good game and come to Derby, you know you want it and i am telling you, he gave a little nod.  i am not making this up, well sort of but i did and he did and he's coming and that's that.

You may thank me when this Nordic god becomes a Ram

BTW my mother who is 82 and knows nothing about football watched the game and confided in me in a phone call after the match that she has a favorite player in the team, Bjarki Bjarnason or something like that, but that he is cute and that she likes how he moves hehe

Archived