LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Leicester are everything i want Derby to be, they have invested really well!!!! 

They move the ball beautifully. This Leicester team is better than the one that won the league.

24 minutes ago, RamNut said:

They move the ball beautifully. This Leicester team is better than the one that won the league.

Unfortunately for them, when they won it was a perfect storm of everyone else being crap, they could be twice as good as they were that season, and the best they could hope for would be third (course that’s what everyone was saying that season too). 

Still, I wouldn’t put it past them to break into the top 4. And with most of the ‘big 6’ in some sort of transition or turmoil, it could be their opportunity to actually get there and settle in there for a few seasons. 

32 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

The owners are far far far far richer than ours. 

in fairness they havent really spent massive though.

49 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

in fairness they havent really spent massive though.

They have spent alot of money on players in recent years. However they are also very good at selling players for good fees and then equally as good at replacing said players without ruining the team. They've picked a good manager and are good at developing youth players.

Even though they breached ffp to get promoted they werent spending 10s of millions on players back then. They have gradually built the club up and do everything well that we dont - mainly player recruitment and to a lesser extent player sales.

4 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Leicester are everything i want Derby to be, they have invested really well!!!! 

The difference between Derby and Leicester fundamentally is the scouting system. They sign good players, they've not restricted themselves, and they've done their homework. This goes back to when they were in the Championship, they spent but spent well. 

They signed Kante, we signed Bradley Johnson - I imagine for more money and on more money. They don't miss a step in that regard. Harvey Barnes is everything Lingard thinks he is, despite the latter earning 13x the amount a week. 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Unpopular opinion, but diving shouldn't be punished. It will never be stamped out, so you might as well embrace the skill it takes to deceive the referee.

So give up having any integrity because a few flaunt their lack of it?

Perhaps we should do that with every misdemeanour. 'Murder? Well we were so impressed with the skill by which some got away with it that we are going to repeal any law referring to it.' That'll work.

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Unpopular opinion, but diving shouldn't be punished. It will never be stamped out, so you might as well embrace the skill it takes to deceive the referee.

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps we should do that with every misdemeanour. 'Murder? Well we were so impressed with the skill by which some got away with it that we are going to repeal any law referring to it.' That'll work.

Of all the folk I'd have listed to bite, You wouldn't have been one of them, @AndyinLiverpool
You've surprised me... and probably raised raucous laughter in the DarkFruits household!  I bet he can't believe he's caught such a whopper!  

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Of all the folk I'd have listed to bite, You wouldn't have been one of them, @AndyinLiverpool
You've surprised me... and probably raised raucous laughter in the DarkFruits household!  I bet he can't believe he's caught such a whopper!  

No fishing intended! And, @AndyinLiverpool, I like your posts but that is a terrible analogy?

Archived