Four new signings before the window closes

Day

I think I would prefer Clarke to Tomori.

Tomori has looked very shaky since last season in U21 and Chelsea action. He’s also not good in the air.

He is obviously a huge talent but Clarke fits the bill as far as our weaknesses are concerned.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bielek and Clarke puts our defense in pretty much ideal shape. 

Midfield we're covered, only adding flair players now (Ramslear). 

I think we might have a biggish name attacking player that the club are in talks with. We always seem to get a big name signed on each year without the media getting hold until the last second. 

We won't replace Roos. He's iffy at times, but equally the Rangers game showed his ability, its now about coaching that ability. This is exactly what Cocu excels at. 

Ramselaar will be number 5, if my interpretation of this is correct:

"I cannot confirm any names, yet," he said.

"I don't like to talk about names because we all know in the world of football it can change in one day."

On how many signings Derby will make, Cocu said: "About four, at least four, and depending on the situation maybe one extra."

I think the one extra may well be him. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You’ve just set @Nuwtfly off again on the will we won’t we sign a Dutchman emotional rollercoaster 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I disagree TBH,   4 quality signings is all we need, 1 CDM(todays singing) , 1CM Ramselar or possibly someone else, 1 RW, then Clarke or another CB if we miss out on him. We need quality in those key areas, we already have decent depth in other positons so we don't need to be signing players just to bring another body in the building as Rowett used to say.

Those are the players in I’m expecting, the CDM and CB positions being especially important like you say. I don’t think we hugely lack numbers anywhere else once those are done (other than imo, still in central midfield), but I think we could do with some more quality upgrades- not just more body’s, 1 in 1 out. I’d argue that a new number one goalkeeper and selling Carson is as important as the signings you’ve listed above, and imo without making a move on that front we could be costing ourselves, that to me is a vital signing to make in addition to those 4. 

Beyond that I agree it’s not as important, but I’d still potentially argue if possible to sell wisdom and replace him with someone more suited as competition for bogle. I’d also personally look at shifting Martin on and getting someone younger to develop as third choice striker. 

In conclusion, I think 4 signings is one short of the number that would have us competing for promotion, and a couple or three short of ideal for a top two push.

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

3 goals in 50 appearances at PL2 level as a CF. Stats don’t look great

Mostly tongue in cheek....But I just feel like Derby might be the place where he hits the ground running. West Ham rate him enough to offer him a new contract, but he want's a better chance of first team football, 4 in 5 on trial suggests might be worth a punt!

2 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Mostly tongue in cheek....But I just feel like Derby might be the place where he hits the ground running. West Ham rate him enough to offer him a new contract, but he want's a better chance of first team football, 4 in 5 on trial suggests might be worth a punt!

Got ya mate. Probably for U23’s 

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

26 minutes ago, David said:

You’ve just set @Nuwtfly off again on the will we won’t we sign a Dutchman emotional rollercoaster 

cat Heavy breathing GIF

Assuming Bielik is pretty much done, I'd love to see Clarke, or a similar ball playing centre half to come in (looking at you Tomori). Then as others say, we definitely could do with a linking midfielder for our 4-3-3. Wing is an area we're very short on, not overly convinced with our options, so hopefully we bring in a winger.

We must have four either done or very close to bother quantifying it in public.

I never understand why manager’s promise things they don’t need to promise unless it’s certain. Would be needless to say we’re bringing 4 in and then only manage to get two because it already gets hopes up and let’s them down immediately.

Hopefully Bielik, Clarke, Winger and GK. Ramselaar as a special little bonus on Deadline Day.

Archived