Four new signings before the window closes

David

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

This bloody 48 hours ,we know how long that really means 

Actually says “potentially in the next 48 hours” which technically means the 48 hours is a sample statistic from the wider population of all hours so ...could be longer. 

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Actually says “potentially in the next 48 hours” which technically means the 48 hours is a sample statistic from the wider population of all hours so ...could be longer. 

Ah, but is it real 48 hours or Frank Lampard hours 

59 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ramselaar will be number 5, if my interpretation of this is correct:

I think the one extra may well be him. 

After the last couple of weeks I'm overly excited just by the prospect of 4 signings - Don't care who they are - If we re-signed Izale Mcleod at this point I'd probably be excited

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

so we have had 4 new signings, at least 4 new signings & upto 4 new signings 

So, with categorical certainty, we can say that we're going to make a number of signings, but that number, technically, could be zero.

It's pleasing that all these weeks of speculation have crystallised at last. ?

Do we really need another attacking midfielder?  Assuming we're playing a 433, we have Huddlestone and (hopefully) Bielik for the holding role, and we have Shinnie, Dowell and Holmes for the other roles, plus the option of switching to more of a 4231 and using the likes of Lawrence or Bennett in there if we're really short.  If we go and sign another midfielder, there's very little chance of Knight, Sibley and Bird getting any game time this season.

I'd think we're more likely to be after a right winger than can maybe play in the middle if we really need him too (like Wilson did last season).  Then Bielik, the dominant centre half (presumably Clarke) and a new GK make up the 4. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Maybe mate. It's that or we are expecting bids for Bogle and if we do we'll sign a right back to replace him.

I would suspect mason Holgate from Everton if bogle goes unless off course someone has signed him already 

Bielik would be a great signing and could see him playing as our anchor man in midfield with all due respect to Huddlestone i hope we dont rely on him all season for this position

That said 10m for Bielik may see Bogle leave as we thought MM pockets were empty and no more big investments were going to happen unless he as had second thoughts and we are going gun ho at one more big effort to get promoted,lets see were we are come Monday

5 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Bielik would be a great signing and could see him playing as our anchor man in midfield with all due respect to Huddlestone i hope we dont rely on him all season for this position

That said 10m for Bielik may see Bogle leave as we thought MM pockets were empty and no more big investments were going to happen unless he as had second thoughts and we are going gun ho at one more big effort to get promoted,lets see were we are come Monday

Or MM pockets were busy paying a Hugh wages Bill that has reduced drastically over the last two years 

Archived