Four new signings before the window closes

David

I wrote down the 1st team squad, when it was annouced at the begining of last season with their shirt numbers. Some actually left before the season kicked off, some left before the window shut and some left in the January window. Some have now left this summer. Here is the list of players that have left in that 12 month period. Craig Bryson, Fikayo Tomori, Harry Wilson, Mason Mount, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Jacob Butterfield, Nick Blackman, Matej Vydra, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, Cameron Jerome, Joe Ledley, Luke Thomas, Timi Elsnik and Ashley Cole. Thats 17 players gone and the window is not closed yet (PNE have put a bid in for Lowe). We have only brought in 2 so far, with another 2 possibly announced tomorrow. I know the squad was top heavy and we sent some players out on loan. Feel free to name anybody I have missed off my list, I did'nt put down Andy King on the list (did he only play 1 game). Will FOUR be enough.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I wrote down the 1st team squad, when it was annouced at the begining of last season with their shirt numbers. Some actually left before the season kicked off, some left before the window shut and some left in the January window. Some have now left this summer. Here is the list of players that have left in that 12 month period. Craig Bryson, Fikayo Tomori, Harry Wilson, Mason Mount, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Jacob Butterfield, Nick Blackman, Matej Vydra, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, Cameron Jerome, Joe Ledley, Luke Thomas, Timi Elsnik and Ashley Cole. Thats 17 players gone and the window is not closed yet (PNE have put a bid in for Lowe). We have only brought in 2 so far, with another 2 possibly announced tomorrow. I know the squad was top heavy and we sent some players out on loan. Feel free to name anybody I have missed off my list, I did'nt put down Andy King on the list (did he only play 1 game). Will FOUR be enough.

10 of those never played for the first team last season though. Cole and Nugent not that many. Only 4 were first team regulars  with 3 of those being loan players. 

That leaves Bryson which Sibley and Knight could probably do as good as if not better than given a chance. 

Bielik - Johnson

Clarke - Tomori

Dowell - Mount

which just leaves Wilson to be replaces and rumours say we are after a right winger.

The puzzle is being put together without all the wasted wages and the pathway for the academy products being blocked. 

4 or 5 including Bielik and Clarke sounds perfect to me

21 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

10 of those never played for the first team last season though. Cole and Nugent not that many. Only 4 were first team regulars  with 3 of those being loan players. 

That leaves Bryson which Sibley and Knight could probably do as good as if not better than given a chance. 

Bielik - Johnson

Clarke - Tomori

Dowell - Mount

which just leaves Wilson to be replaces and rumours say we are after a right winger.

The puzzle is being put together without all the wasted wages and the pathway for the academy products being blocked. 

But who do we have to replace Efe Ambrose?

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Bielik - Johnson

Clarke - Tomori

Dowell - Mount

Only 9 of those never played for the 1st team. Joe Ledley made 1 appearance. Nugent played in 38 games, Cole played in 12 (50 games between them). The 4 regulars, Johnson 31, Mount 44, Wilson 46 and Tomori 55 and that leaves Craig Bryson who made 32 appearances. I agree we had wasted wages with players Lampard did not want. I dare say when Cocu releases the 1st team squad names and shirt numbers there will be some players that will get very little or no first team football this season. I expect we will bring in more faces in the January window unless we are doing the business and having a good season at that stage.

8 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Bielik - Johnson

Clarke - Tomori

Dowell - Mount

Shinnie - Bryson

15 hours ago, admira said:

From The Torygraph (not the Derby one)

Quote" And Brighton defender Matt Clarke is also joining the Championship club in a season's loan as Cocu moves to further strengthen his squad."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/01/Derby-county-break-club-transfer-record-95million-deal-arsenals/

It's getting real.

That URL is really misleading. 

11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Fikayo Tomori - 4811 mins played. Replaced by Clarke and Evans
Alex Pearce - 1 min played.  Replaced by Buchanan
Marcus Olsson - 0 mins played. N/A
Ashley Cole. 698 mins played. Replaced by Lowe and/or MacDonald
Jamie Hanson - 0 mins played. N/a
Bradley Johnson - 2607 mins played. Replaced by Bielik
Joe Ledley - 226 mins played. Replaced by Bird
Craig Bryson - 2510 mins played. Replaced by Shinnie
Andy King - 152 mins played. Replaced by Bird
Mason Mount - 3838 mins played. Replaced by Dowell
Jacob Butterfield - 0 mins played. N/A
Timi Elsnik - 0 mins played. N/A
Harry Wilson - 3958 mins played. 
Luke Thomas - 0 mins played. N/A
Nick Blackman - 0 mins played. N/A
Matej Vydra - 0 mins played. N/A
David Nugent - 1529 mins played. Replaced by Martin
Cameron Jerome - 0 mins played. N/A

Leaving Wilson as the only player who hasn't been directly replaced.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fikayo Tomori - 4811 mins played. Replaced by Clarke and Evans
Alex Pearce - 1 min played.  Replaced by Buchanan
Marcus Olsson - 0 mins played. N/A
Ashley Cole. 698 mins played. Replaced by Lowe and/or MacDonald
Jamie Hanson - 0 mins played. N/a
Bradley Johnson - 2607 mins played. Replaced by Bielik
Joe Ledley - 226 mins played. Replaced by Bird
Craig Bryson - 2510 mins played. Replaced by Shinnie
Andy King - 152 mins played. Replaced by Bird
Mason Mount - 3838 mins played. Replaced by Dowell
Jacob Butterfield - 0 mins played. N/A
Timi Elsnik - 0 mins played. N/A
Harry Wilson - 3958 mins played. 
Luke Thomas - 0 mins played. N/A
Nick Blackman - 0 mins played. N/A
Matej Vydra - 0 mins played. N/A
David Nugent - 1529 mins played. Replaced by Martin
Cameron Jerome - 0 mins played. N/A

Leaving Wilson as the only player who hasn't been directly replaced.

I know the lad has potential, but a bit of an ask replacing 2 players

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I know the lad has potential, but a bit of an ask replacing 2 players

One played 226 minutes at the start of the season, the other 152 after a new year. I know that sounds a lot, but if needed, hopefully Bird could handle such a fierce demands.

Players who have left 

Pearce Cole Tomori Bryson Butterfield Blackman Johnson Mount Wilson Olsson Nugent Thomas Elsnik

only Bryson Johnson Mount Wilson and Tomori were the only real first team starters who played regular

so we have replaced them with

Bryson-Shinnie

Johnson-Bielik

Mount-Dowell

Tomori-Clarke

Wilson-Yet to sign a replacement 

If Cocu said we are looking for at least four new signings

It is Bielik Clarke a New Gk as we are being linked with Bachmann and a Rw to replace Wilson which DET have reported we are interested in

Bielik, Clarke, Ramselaar & a RW would be ideal.

I think Cocu will give Roos until Christmas at least. He's inexperienced, but he has a lot of raw talent and is good with the ball at his feet. 

The only way we'll know is if we play him over a season. I don't think he's good or bad enough to make a huge difference at the moment.

Archived