Four new signings before the window closes

David

On 10/08/2019 at 16:01, brady1993 said:

Yeah I that's kind of what I expecting. Appreciate you answering. 

Just always rated Hendrick and think he'd improve his if he came back. I think Rooney makes things a bit odd because right now I'm finding hard to judge how much of a role he will play and where he will play. I'm excited about it but I think sometimes older players dropping a level are difficult to judge at how they will perform.

Cough ...........

Dave Mackay ?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/08/2019 at 19:19, G STAR RAM said:

Not seen Shinnie but wasnt he the Bryson replacement?

We've had a decent window - not ideal but as has been said, at least we've addressed some of the problem areas.

Regarding comments on mobility (or lack of), I think if we can fit Shinnie and Bielik into the midfield it will go a long way to solving that issue. Not sure yet which of those two would play the defensive role but it wouldn't take Cocu long to settle on a suitable combination. Add Holmes and Dowell as further options then our static midfield might start to look anything but.

14 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Cough ...........

Dave Mackay ?

Oh I'm not saying they can't do well. I'm saying it can be tricky to judge as to sure whether they will do well because it's a trade off of their high ability vs fitness and how much the want to play still. And sometimes you only find that out when they start playing. 

I'm hopeful with Rooney though because he's been doing well in the US and still looks fairly mobile.

Archived