Four new signings before the window closes

David

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

So, with categorical certainty, we can say that we're going to make a number of signings, but that number, technically, could be zero.

It's pleasing that all these weeks of speculation have crystallised at last. ?

Maybe or maybe not, I am sure.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Latest quote: "About four, at least four, and depending on the situation maybe one extra"

Situation maybe being GK?

4 or 5 not including Dowell or Shinnie? So maybe SEVEN extra players from last season. Wowsers.  So

Roos and New?

Bogle and New, Keogh (c), New, Malone 

Dowell, Shinnie, New, Hudds, Holmes, Evans,

New, Waghorn, Marriott, Zoon, Martin, Lawrence

How do the young guns get in the squad with 6 or 7 new signings???????

So must be mainly loans.

Davies?, Wisdom?, Thorne? Mitchell? Lowe? 

Massive squad emerging. if you do not give 100 percent then you are not playing next week.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

"At least four" after already signing dowell is quite a lot?

I guess he's not over impressed.

Transition season is cancelled at least until Xmas. Cocu not planning for mid table it would seem. Rangers game was a wake-up call.

i'm reasonably happy with the back four and keeper, and we have a few options up front.

but the entire midfield needs a rebuild.

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Transition season is cancelled at least until Xmas. Cocu not planning for mid table it would seem. Rangers game was a wake-up call.

Or he has had chance to see who can play in the system he likes and who has a long term future.

He is looking at buying young players and has trimmed older players from the squad with more to go at the end of season.

Academy players if good enough will get a chance and we won't have spent much more than has come in/been saved. 

Looks like a competitive squad that means short term we can compete and who knows where that takes us...but next year we will be even stronger.

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

Bielik would be a great signing and could see him playing as our anchor man in midfield with all due respect to Huddlestone i hope we dont rely on him all season for this position

That said 10m for Bielik may see Bogle leave as we thought MM pockets were empty and no more big investments were going to happen unless he as had second thoughts and we are going gun ho at one more big effort to get promoted,lets see were we are come Monday

Yes, agree I see Bielik at CDM not CB. 

So my starting team for Monday:-

New GK

New RB New CB New CB New LB

New CDM

New RM       New LM

New RW    New CF        New LW

Would still like to see some new signings and think we are probably 4 or 5 players away from challenging for top 2.

All of a sudden in starts to come together. We don't look so thin on the ground and the squad transforms into a beast. If we get the signings we are rumoured to have, plus another I reckon we could go all out for promotion. Why not? Should be going forward from last season, not back. COYR

19 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

I'm very worried about how quiet it's all gone. No news at all.

Yeah I know Cocu's said summat today and there's been bits and bobs from Nicko and Percy bla bla bla...

But nothing from BagRam.

Think he's still driving Toral back after he signed for us? ?

Archived