Poll: Where we'll finish the 2019/20 season

Carl Sagan

Where will the Mighty Derby finish in 2019/20?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Mighty Derby finish in 2019/20?

• 1 Champione, champione - Cocu is a god!
    • 2 Autos - we got there
    • 3-6 Not again! Everything crossed we can get over the line in the playoffs
    • 7-10 Close. A season in transition and we weren't quite good enough
    • 11-15 Disappointing midtable
    • 16-21 Squeaky bum time
    • 22-24 How did it come to this?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/19 at 18:40

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to leave the poll open until August 8th. So we know who will be in our squad for the season.

You never know there might be a few million pounds  left over from the sale of the ground. To enable Cocu to buy two or three new players.

I'm going for 7-10. Think we'll get better over the season, slow start, top half by Xmas, traditional slump then a late run to top half again by the end.

To me the key will be injuries to senior players. I think we are more vulnerable this year then most.

We will finish higher than Forest and I see Leeds falling well short this year as teams have them figured out now.

With the squad we’ve currently got, I can’t say any higher than 11th-15th. Cocu as things stand simply hasn’t been given a side that’s capable of challenging, which is disappointing after mels comments to the contrary. Still time for that to change but that time is very limited and I don’t remotely trust our recruitment team to actually get things over the line after the mess at the end of the January window, so can only go on what we actually have through the door. And that’s a mediocre championship side lacking the quality to challenge I’m afraid to say.

In terms of predictions of the league, for me top two will be Fulham and Leeds.

Playoffs will be Blackburn, Bristol city (Winners), Cardiff City, West Brom

Relegated will be Charlton, Millwall and a left field Sheffield Wednesday 

I've voted Champione! and here's why...

If another of the top 6 challenging Championship clubs, say West Brom, Boro, Swansea, whoever, got to the play off final last year then brought in a massive name league winning manager like Cocu, then made some strong signings like Bielik, Ramselaar and Clarke, then I'd be definitely worried about them. I'd definitely consider them title contenders. 

Slow start, recovery, slip up .. then amazing record breaking run in to finish second on the last day on goal difference, Keogh saves the day with a goal line clearance in the last minute of the last game 

( I always wanted to write Melchester Rovers Story lines, come to think of it how about a glorious George Thorne career re start thrown in ) 

12 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Need to leave the poll open until August 8th. So we know who will be in our squad for the season.

You never know there might be a few million pounds  left over from the sale of the ground. To enable Cocu to buy two or three new players.

I can't edit it now. I think it ends at 7.40pm on the 5th. I wanted it to close before we kicked our first ball in anger, but I do get your point.

You're just going to have to vote on whether we expect more deals to be done unless there's a clamour to get the mods to change it.

Archived