Poll: Where we'll finish the 2019/20 season

Carl Sagan

Where will the Mighty Derby finish in 2019/20?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Mighty Derby finish in 2019/20?

• 1 Champione, champione - Cocu is a god!
    • 2 Autos - we got there
    • 3-6 Not again! Everything crossed we can get over the line in the playoffs
    • 7-10 Close. A season in transition and we weren't quite good enough
    • 11-15 Disappointing midtable
    • 16-21 Squeaky bum time
    • 22-24 How did it come to this?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/19 at 18:40

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it stands, gone for 7th-10th.  If we can get a central defender and creative forward, then play-offs are possibility.
As for the rest...
Top 2 - Fulham and Brentford
Play-offs - Leeds, WBA, Stoke, Bristol City
Relegated - Charlton, Reading and Wigan

We'll finish somewhere between 4-10th depending on injuries. Cocu will be more switched on than Lampard tactically, who obviously gave the lads a bit of a free reign to showcase their ability. I expect us to be a lot more structured and positionally aware under Cocu. I also think it makes it easier for younger players to come in. I imagine our record against the bottom 6 won't be anywhere near as poor as last season. 

I'll say between 67-77 points, with a positive goal difference around the +20 mark. 

7 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

I've voted Champione! and here's why...

If another of the top 6 challenging Championship clubs, say West Brom, Boro, Swansea, whoever, got to the play off final last year then brought in a massive name league winning manager like Cocu, then made some strong signings like Bielik, Ramselaar and Clarke, then I'd be definitely worried about them. I'd definitely consider them title contenders. 

I agree but I'm going to wait and see if we actually sign them before I vote! 

Mid table. We look too  lightweight for this league and lacking in winners in midfield especially. Defenders unable or not inclined to stop crosses and their central companions not the best at defending them compounds the problem. And we have apparently lost our best goalie in ages in carson ( who used to single handedly earn us points in the recent past) for reasons unknown. 

The last time we went up with a side that stayed up we had a midfield of Powell, Carsley and Van der Laan, all of them aggressive fighters and winners 

Its the main reason we haven't managed to go up after all this time in the championship

If we can find a solution to this ( Shinnie, New lad from Arsenal,  Siblie ? )  maybe we can do better. And if Marriott can become a regular, Lawrence finally find some consistency and realise his potential, Josefzoon demonstrate why he cost so much money, then who knows ? A heck of a lot of ifs, though, all under a manager who has never experienced football at this level or in this country. 

And being bluntly honest, you couldn't  rule out it going the other way either. 

On the plus side at least the odds are better when placing my annual bet on Rams to finish top.....

42 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

With two signings completed today, are any of the lurkers ready to cast their votes? Or are you still waiting to see who's gong to get that number 7 shirt?

I'm more of a peeping tom than lurker but no, not ready yet.  I'm waiting for the climax. 

I think we will finish just outside the playoffs with this season being the transitional season I thought we would of had last season but Frank managed to apply a pretty big plaster on the team with Mount Wilson and Tomori who helped get us in the play offs, there is still every possibility we could sign a few more and my mind might change on where we finish but at the moment I am going with 8th.

1st - Fulham

2nd - Leeds (grrr)

3rd - Bristol

4th - WBA

5th - Cardiff

6th - duckst ( I know, just a gut feeling ? )

------

22nd - Reading

23rd - Luton

24th - Charlton

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

With two signings completed today, are any of the lurkers ready to cast their votes? Or are you still waiting to see who's gong to get that number 7 shirt?

If I’d have answered before today I’d have said top half. Now I think we are in with a shout of play offs. Any surprise between now and Wednesday on the attacking winger and a.n.other will confirm my belief.

A huge surprise might make me go all auto expectations but I’ll hold my excitement, so for now voted too 6

C.o.y.r’s

I think we will be top 6 and I think we may even be making a push for top 2 depending on how this next week goes with signings. 

Other than Fulham and Leeds I don't think anyone looks super strong and I think it's far from a guarantee how Fulham perform. I think we've signed well so far and if the two additions to come materialise and are of a similar quality, I can see us being right in the mix with Cocu at the helm.

Archived