Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think you mean

"Maybe the daunting prospect of playing alongside club captain, leader, machine, top championship CB, twice player of the season and all round goddamn VIKING Keogh dawned on him in that very moment."

And in which case yes that's very possible

No slight on Keogh’s playing ability.

Matt is probably just nervous about Keogh having control of the radio on the drive to training.

9:30am and you’re trying to get in the zone and you have Keogh in the passenger seat singing a Shania Twain classic.

It’s going to be a long year for our Matt.

Can I just check something - Everyone keeps talking about Clarke's 'aerial presence' and how he's going to sort out our defending from crosses etc etc - But when I check his height on Google it says he's 6ft

Is google wrong or is he just one of those players like Bucko who seems to get his head on everything even if the forward is 3 inches taller?

53 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Can I just check something - Everyone keeps talking about Clarke's 'aerial presence' and how he's going to sort out our defending from crosses etc etc - But when I check his height on Google it says he's 6ft

Is google wrong or is he just one of those players like Bucko who seems to get his head on everything even if the forward is 3 inches taller?

I just checked and he is 6ft tall just from the shoulders up

7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

E04F568C-0013-4286-9853-083DAD6259EB.thumb.jpeg.c653cfdcd3deeb6e361944d03f2552c1.jpeg

Think he’s 6 foot but he’s still a monster in the air. Best in League One last season.

Tomori was hugely popular because he was an eye-catching player. But everything I’m seeing and hearing, particularly when you consider our weaknesses from crosses and corners last year, suggests that this is a big upgrade. 

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Tomori was hugely popular because he was an eye-catching player. But everything I’m seeing and hearing, particularly when you consider our weaknesses from crosses and corners last year, suggests that this is a big upgrade. 

Hero today, gone Tomori.

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

E04F568C-0013-4286-9853-083DAD6259EB.thumb.jpeg.c653cfdcd3deeb6e361944d03f2552c1.jpeg

Think he’s 6 foot but he’s still a monster in the air. Best in League One last season.

Tomori was very, very quick. I think Clarke & Tomori are different players. Tomori nowhere near as competent in the air, doesn't at all read the flight of the ball well in comparison to Davies or even Keogh. He could play football, though, he had the pace to make sure anyone trying to get in behind struggled. He lacked discipline at times, I remember a certain goal, think it was in the Norwich away match, where he was effectively inline with the striker when the other team scored. Fortunately, for us and for Tomori, he cut most of these deficiencies out so I'm not expecting Clarke to be a huge upgrade, but just different.

I don't know if this has been posted, but you can see his technical ability and aerial ability in this video. He's got very quick feet for a big man, plus he looks bigger than 6ft - I'd suggest closer to 6ft 3. It is hard to tell, but definitely looks a big lad. 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tomori was very, very quick. I think Clarke & Tomori are different players. Tomori nowhere near as competent in the air, doesn't at all read the flight of the ball well in comparison to Davies or even Keogh. He could play football, though, he had the pace to make sure anyone trying to get in behind struggled. He lacked discipline at times, I remember a certain goal, think it was in the Norwich away match, where he was effectively inline with the striker when the other team scored. Fortunately, for us and for Tomori, he cut most of these deficiencies out so I'm not expecting Clarke to be a huge upgrade, but just different.

I don't know if this has been posted, but you can see his technical ability and aerial ability in this video. He's got very quick feet for a big man, plus he looks bigger than 6ft - I'd suggest closer to 6ft 3. It is hard to tell, but definitely looks a big lad. 

But Clarke, from what I’ve seen and heard, is also excellent on the ball. And as good as Tomori was, he was ducking useless in the air, whereas we’ve now got an absolute beast.

If Tomori was as good as people thought he was, he wouldn’t have had to use his pace as much as he did. I loved the bloke but I do think he was overrated because of how eye-catching he was.

Clarke seems able to do the basics very well and is good on the ball.

Archived